SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Hey guys. I'm hoping someone can help?? I was convinced that I had magpie ducks but now I'm not sure if they are Swedish? It's my first time owning ducks and I have 3 adults and now 3 babies.
I really don't mind which breed I have but I'd just like to know. They are very cute and friendly.
It's also my first time asking a question so hopefully my pics will upload lol
Thanks in advance
Michelle
[/IMG]

Hey guys. I'm hoping someone can help?? I was convinced that I had magpie ducks but now I'm not sure if they are Swedish? It's my first time owning ducks and I have 3 adults and now 3 babies.
I really don't mind which breed I have but I'd just like to know. They are very cute and friendly.
It's also my first time asking a question so hopefully my pics will upload lol
Thanks in advance
Michelle
[/URL]

SO beautiful!!!

Yes, we only ended up with two healthy hatchlings. There was another nice-looking black that hatched out completely but then it looked like he got suffocated by mama duck. Very sad. We did put them in a brooder as soon as possible to keep them safe from the drake and our Buff geese, and also to prevent any more accidents. We felt like it was mean to the duck, but we would have felt terrible if we'd lost any more.

We love our Polish! The one in the pic is Leia - just a sweetie. We also have a Silver Laced roo and a white crested black female. I will not get another roo - he's gorgeous to look at but is always trying to spur us!

After the issues I've been having with my silkie Roo I will never get anymore. ESP bigger ones. And I think you did the right thing cause you would feel 10x worse if something did happen.

My female Swedes and male Swedes are finally getting along, and the boys are not nearly as ornery as they were becoming, and their chasing of humans and girl ducks and random chickens has stopped. It's so cute to see them all wandering around the farm foraging together. Bedtime is especially funny. The boys grew up in the laying hen coop, and the girls have their coop with some upcoming pullets. The boys hang out in front of the ladies' quarters as long as possible, reminding me so much of teenage boys not wanting to say goodnight to their dates, before walking to their coop. I need to get or build one coop large enough for all these ducks, as that would make them happy. We have five. We had six, but a fox got the one black Swedish female :( My girls won't be old enough to lay until November.

My female Swedes and male Swedes are finally getting along, and the boys are not nearly as ornery as they were becoming, and their chasing of humans and girl ducks and random chickens has stopped. It's so cute to see them all wandering around the farm foraging together. Bedtime is especially funny. The boys grew up in the laying hen coop, and the girls have their coop with some upcoming pullets. The boys hang out in front of the ladies' quarters as long as possible, reminding me so much of teenage boys not wanting to say goodnight to their dates, before walking to their coop. I need to get or build one coop large enough for all these ducks, as that would make them happy. We have five. We had six, but a fox got the one black Swedish female :( My girls won't be old enough to lay until November.

That's adorable! I'm sorry about your blk female.

Back
Top Bottom