SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
I have little blue swedish girls and boys.

Left Lucy, right Molly.

Black swedish. Genders are unknown

Another black swedish just hopin its a girl

Molly has black dots on her is that normal. Anyhow they are almost four weeks old and i luv them.

I have little blue swedish girls and boys.

Left Lucy, right Molly.

Black swedish. Genders are unknown

Another black swedish just hopin its a girl

Molly has black dots on her is that normal. Anyhow they are almost four weeks old and i luv them.
The Swedish are soooooo beautiful.

The Swedish are so beautiful, but for some reason my male, I only have one, but he chases my female Swedish and tries to bite her all the time, he is a Pekin and my other females are Pekin, she is the only Swedish and she is so beautiful, I call her Beauty, but Howard seems to hate her so I assume he don't like color on a duck......maybe? She never goes far, just runs and comes back. When they are eating my drake gets worse at trying to bite her, don't know if it hurts ducks but he has latched ahold of my hand a few times and bruised it bad, it hurts.

Here's a few more of my black swedish duckling--she's growing up so fast! I took these pictures as an example of the green feathering that have been starting to appear on her

My boyfriend just got me a duck. Awesome. Her name is pata.
this is her and rebel sleeping

I have a question for all of you swedish owners... I have a little black swedish I think... mine is starting to feather out (3 weeks old) I noticed a green color at the wings and the tail feathers are like a brown/black like my mallards wing feathers. Is this normal coloring for a black swedish? I'm wondering if it's not some sort of mix now, as when I bought them I was supposed to be getting 12 mallards but one ended up being all black.

The Swedish are so beautiful, but for some reason my male, I only have one, but he chases my female Swedish and tries to bite her all the time, he is a Pekin and my other females are Pekin, she is the only Swedish and she is so beautiful, I call her Beauty, but Howard seems to hate her so I assume he don't like color on a duck......maybe? She never goes far, just runs and comes back. When they are eating my drake gets worse at trying to bite her, don't know if it hurts ducks but he has latched ahold of my hand a few times and bruised it bad, it hurts.
This happened with me too. My Pekin male would chase my female Cayuga away. The rest of my females are Pekins.

I have a question for all of you swedish owners... I have a little black swedish I think... mine is starting to feather out (3 weeks old) I noticed a green color at the wings and the tail feathers are like a brown/black like my mallards wing feathers. Is this normal coloring for a black swedish? I'm wondering if it's not some sort of mix now, as when I bought them I was supposed to be getting 12 mallards but one ended up being all black.

Yes, look at my photos 4 posts up. There's a ton of green in Black Swedish's feathers. It's a really cool look, actually.

Yes, look at my photos 4 posts up. There's a ton of green in Black Swedish's feathers. It's a really cool look, actually.
Yes, John my baby is starting to get green feathers just like that on her/his (unsure right now) wings. I'm so curious to find out whether we have a boy or a girl! I'm not sure what the size for this breed is supposed to be but she is keeping up with my mallards size wise. They are 3 1/2 weeks old now and she is starting to turn white on her breast and get the little speckled black dots. Do you happen to know if they fly or if they will stay put?

Back
Top Bottom