SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Only at a couple of days old -

Other than that have to wait for quack or bill change or curl on tail

Silkies are great!

I have ordered from metzerfarms.com a few times. Accept calls and okay with questions. Very friendly and have had good hatches.

So our blue Swedish duckling is doing very well now. She hasn't had any seizures since Friday. She is walking on her own now and eating a lot. She sleeps more then the others but I think she's going to live and be okay. We need to expand our duck pen XD
Great news very happy for you all!!

Please forgive me if I don't follow this thread but I have to limit my time on BYC. Otherwise nothing would get done.

I have five Blues from Metzers. Got them in the last week or so of March, so they're about 10-12 weeks old. When should I expect them to lay? I think at least 2 of 5 are males.

Where do they like to lay?

I apologize but a friend on the NY thread wanted to place an order and needed some folks to go in with her. So I ordered 4 and got 5. I really should have researched more but time was of the essence, so I said "Sure I'll order some ducks".

I'm not even sure I'll keep them at this point.

Would it be better for them to have their own coop. Right now they go into the chicken coop, with no trouble but they are noisy and freak out the chickens, if I don't get out there and let them all out at the crack of dawn.

Please don't chew me out. I'm too old, even though I deserve it.
he.gif

Please forgive me if I don't follow this thread but I have to limit my time on BYC. Otherwise nothing would get done.

I have five Blues from Metzers. Got them in the last week or so of March, so they're about 10-12 weeks old. When should I expect them to lay? I think at least 2 of 5 are males.

Where do they like to lay?

I apologize but a friend on the NY thread wanted to place an order and needed some folks to go in with her. So I ordered 4 and got 5. I really should have researched more but time was of the essence, so I said "Sure I'll order some ducks".

I'm not even sure I'll keep them at this point.

Would it be better for them to have their own coop. Right now they go into the chicken coop, with no trouble but they are noisy and freak out the chickens, if I don't get out there and let them all out at the crack of dawn.

Please don't chew me out. I'm too old, even though I deserve it.
he.gif
hugs.gif

I would have them in their own coop if I could swing it. And by the way, we don't know how each flock of ducks will work out until we have them. Our first additions to our flock integrated very easily. The next little batch - oh, not so much. We are all winging it. (Even if we don't admit that
wink.png
) Some of us have tried things a number of times and have a better idea of how it will turn out. But there are always surprises.

Keep an eye on the drakes, some of them are too pushy and injure females. Just a heads-up, not a guarantee. My runners started at just past 16 weeks for the earliest, took another 6 weeks for everyone to get on board. Larger ducks, like yours, generally take a bit longer to mature. So I would guess maybe 24 weeks . . . .

Back
Top Bottom