SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics

Here is my Black Swedish. I'm pretty sure he's a he, no curly tail feather yet but his quacks are quiet and raspy. His name is Bumblebee, (you know, the transformer! ). This is my first time raising ducks and so far I'm very pleased with this breed. He seems very calm cool and collected unlike our Pekin who seems as crazy as a Bessie Bug.

anyone have pics of swedish blue's mixed with mallard?? I have 6 eggs in my incubator now, just wanting to see what they might end up looking like.
thumbsup.gif

and here are my swedish blue's - male on left/female on right...male deceased and mother just deceased and left me to raise the eggs which will be mallard/swedish blue

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I am new to the Swedish thread! I was told when I bought my 2 babies from TSC that they were rouens, fortunately for me, they aren't! The whole reason I picked them out was because of their odd coloring and the fact that they were the only ones that looked nothing like the others in the pen. They are a pair of Silver Swedish! Here is a pic of them as babies
Next is when they were first feathering out

Now they have their first set of feathers (almost) and I love them to pieces!

Hi,
I just joined and am hoping for Swedish duck info. I've had 4 for about 2 months and I have no duck experience. I love the variety of color and pattern you get from Swedish and have decided to keep my flock pure. Any info on keeping them would be appreciated :) thanks

Hi,
           I just joined and am hoping for Swedish duck info. I've had 4 for about 2 months and I have no duck experience. I love the variety of color and pattern you get from Swedish and have decided to keep my flock pure. Any info on keeping them would be appreciated :) thanks

All I can tell you is that I handled mine from the day I got them and they follow me everywhere! It's a good and bad thing, lol. If I go in the house they make a racket until I come back out or they will just go back into their coop. It's actually pretty funny. They aren't as loud as my pekins were and they are very affectionate. I love them!

Back
Top Bottom