SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Ohh no it's not your fault it's really no ones unless you got the baby from a breeder .then it's the breeders fault for not telling you that the parents of the baby could make it crested . Something along those lines .

I g
Ohh no it's not your fault it's really no ones unless you got the baby from a breeder .then it's the breeders fault for not telling you that the parents of the baby could make it crested . Something along those lines .
i got them from rual king they get there's from cackle hatchery and they had the black Swedish and welsh harlequin together I got 2 of both

I was told this little girl ( R.i.p ) looked like a Swedish duckling , however she's not she's a Cayuga Rouen mix with mallard on the Cayuga side . Her sibling had even more yellow from under the bill to expanding of the chest ( r.i.p )

sadly both did die the first from I hate to say me but she crawled into bed with me and you know what happened I cried for weeks , still very upset . The second was pre mature sorry I don't have a pic of it .

no matter what I will not break the group up and it but why did it form after it's feathers came in ,it got its feathers and there was a puff of down on its head but how do I know that it's litter mate won't have the resessive gene and if it has eggs I will not put it in a encubator I will just let them sit on it if it wants and if I eat the egg is it bad for my health if it's a girl

Who said anything about separating them?
You can eat the eggs from her, if it's a her, but don't hatch her eggs.

You say she had a poof on her head when she hatched, that's the crest on ducklings.

Take all of the eggs from them, if they go broody (siting on nest all the time with only short breaks) then buy some fertile muscovy eggs (another species of duck) for her to hatch out.

Ok
Who said anything about separating them?
You can eat the eggs from her, if it's a her, but don't hatch her eggs.

You say she had a poof on her head when she hatched, that's the crest on ducklings.

Take all of the eggs from them, if they go broody (siting on nest all the time with only short breaks) then buy some fertile muscovy eggs (another species of duck) for her to hatch out.
ok I am not going to entintionaly Breed them I just wanted ducks to have them they and turkey's are my fav type of fowl especially ducks so I am just letting them do there thing when they are old enough an how so I not know that the other BS it's group mate from rual king won't have the gene and the gene not be a resesive gene

Last edited:
Ok
ok I am not going to entintionaly Breed them I just wanted ducks to have them they and turkey's are my fav type of fowl especially ducks so I am just letting them do there thing when they are old enough an how so I not know that the other BS it's group mate from rual king won't have the gene and the gene not be a resesive gene
the gene is dominant. It is not a recessive gene. If the duck does not have a crest, then it does not have the crested gene.

Ok
ok I was worried thank you but doesn't it also mean I could carry it
Using the Punnett Diagram, you are able to predict the percentage of the out
come of any mating, provided that the breeder knows the genes and
background of the birds. The crested duck program is an exciting and
challenging breeding program to undertake. Always remember to toe punch or
mark your ducklings from this type of a breeding program because a duckling
that does not have a crest does not necessarily mean that duckling does not
carry the crested gene. If the bird has superior type and all other desirable
traits, it could certainly be used for your crested mating the following year.

I found this off of faith valley water and fowl

Using the Punnett Diagram, you are able to predict the percentage of the out
come of any mating, provided that the breeder knows the genes and
background of the birds. The crested duck program is an exciting and
challenging breeding program to undertake. Always remember to toe punch or
mark your ducklings from this type of a breeding program because a duckling
that does not have a crest does not necessarily mean that duckling does not
carry the crested gene. If the bird has superior type and all other desirable
traits, it could certainly be used for your crested mating the following year.

I found this off of faith valley water and fowl

That's contrary to everything I've ever known about genetics or the crested gene.

Back
Top Bottom