SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Y
yes when I let them out
here is my black Swedish ducks they are 2-3 months old

Anyone know how long it takes a Swedish blue duck to moult?? My girl has been moulting since the end of April and STILL isn't laying, yet. How long does it take for them to complete a moult?? I'm missing her eggs! LOL! She looks a lot better, now. She looked really mangy for a while. I figured she should be done by now. But, maybe, that's just me being impatient. ;)

Anyone know how long it takes a Swedish blue duck to moult?? My girl has been moulting since the end of April and STILL isn't laying, yet. How long does it take for them to complete a moult?? I'm missing her eggs! LOL! She looks a lot better, now. She looked really mangy for a while. I figured she should be done by now. But, maybe, that's just me being impatient. ;)

No idea, but we are in the same boat. Mine molted in the fall, didn't lay for 3 months. Laid for maybe a month and then got really mangy looking again. I would say it's probably been since April since we got an egg from her. My Pekin is the exact same age and hasn't molted yet and lays 5-6 eggs a week.

No idea, but we are in the same boat. Mine molted in the fall, didn't lay for 3 months. Laid for maybe a month and then got really mangy looking again. I would say it's probably been since April since we got an egg from her. My Pekin is the exact same age and hasn't molted yet and lays 5-6 eggs a week.
Nice to know I'm not alone in the waiting game. LOL! This girl was laying 1 a day from the day she started laying (12/2/13) all the way through to the end of April. Now... nothing since then. There is one thing I'm worried about, though... Right now, she's in her section of the pen with 2 drakes (her bonded mate - a Swedish blue drake, and my mallard/black mix). The 3 of them grew up together. But, as we all know, that kind of ratio is trouble with a capital T. Their pen has 2 sections. But, right now, I have 2 young mallards in the other section who were both supposed to be females. Unfortunately, 1 turned out to be a drake. They'll be 5 months old in August. The plan was to put Peepers (my mallard/black drake mix) in with the 2 girls at that time and keep my bonded Swedes in the other side. Buuuuut... now that one turned out male, I don't know WHAT I'm doing to do.
he.gif

Last edited:
Here r my 2 - 1week old black swedes that I rescued and hatched :)
One laying is lucky and standing is ace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom