SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might want to be sure to get her into a tub of lukewarm water, no soap, nothing in the water, just to clean and soften her vent, then dab some triple antibiotic ointment with no painkiller on the vent to keep it soothed and protect it. I'd do that for four or five days.

Elfie had a little problem once, and it was because there was a little dried poo in the feathers around her vent, and when she laid an egg, it pulled, and there was a little blood on the egg.

I had to carefully, and in more than one session, trim the poo-stuck feathers from around the vent.

Ok thanks for the tips guys. But the one is not able to walk now. What could it be? I know my Muscovy Drake is pulling its feathers so i seperated them but now it cant walk and im realy worried. What should i do?

If possible, a vet is best.

There could be internal injury, there could be infection, pinched nerve, any number of things.

Generally, letting the duck rest safely away from others, with clean bedding, fresh water and food is one thing that may help. If it is an infection, then an antibiotic is needed, and for diagnosis and prescription that's where a vet can come in handy.

If it is not possible to get a vet or someone who can help with that, you may need to make your best guess and go with antibiotics if you feel there is an infection.

But in any case, lukewarm time floating in water, rest, food, water and safe quiet shelter are good to offer.

She is missing feathers because one of my other ducks pullued them but we have her in the tub right now and she is trying to stand and clean herself.

Can anyone tell me if one or both of these are blue swedish? I got them from my local feed store but they had no clue what breed .

Yes they are. I can't tell but the one might be a black swede.

Thank you for your help i have been wanting swedish i guess i got lucky. We had picked up 2 others a bit over a month ago they were suppose to be Rouen and Pekin well nope they are a mallard that is super mean amd the otjer is a indian runner.

Update. My silver swed is doing a little bit better it can stand up in its own once and a while and i got it to eat some worms becase it wouldn't eat its food.

Back
Top Bottom