SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 6 sweedish ducks and I'm not sure how many males and females they are 6 weeks old and some are quacking so i should know soon. My question is 3 of them are larger so I have a feeling I might end up with more then one male if this happens will I need to get more females. There new feathers are a green tint is that an indication of a male or is that something all sweedish ducks have.

Last edited:
I just got my ducklings from Metzer all happy and healthy. I've got 2 blue Swedish females.

I'm wondering if their down is any indication of their feathering pattern because one has yellow wing tips and the other has 2 dark spots on her back. Luckily that makes them easiest to identify babies. They are a couple of the sweetest and happiest to snuggle with me. Thanks all who encouraged me consider Swedish ducks!

I just got my ducklings from Metzer all happy and healthy. I've got 2 blue Swedish females.

I'm wondering if their down is any indication of their feathering pattern because one has yellow wing tips and the other has 2 dark spots on her back. Luckily that makes them easiest to identify babies. They are a couple of the sweetest and happiest to snuggle with me. Thanks all who encouraged me consider Swedish ducks!

Congrats! Cute babies. Mine are 8 weeks old and look almost full grown. I think they keep their unique spots.

Today it is raining so my new duck feeder is being put to the test. I took a food grade 5 gal bucket and drilled three large holes in the side, as close to the top as I could get. Then I screwed a crawfish tray upside down to the lid. I only clamp the lid down in one place so it is easy to open. Hopefully, the food will stay dry. I was in a hurry to get it out there before the rain so I will post a pic later and let you know if the food is dry.

Very cute. Guys its raining here. Yes I have heard. It . Everywhere . Everyone's trying to do something in the rain for their little ones.

Back
Top Bottom