SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my little guy(or girl) is a Swedish blue. I tried to take a picture of his face. He is a lot smaller then my Peking. They are about 6 weeks.

The light blue looks right and there are black also but the solid blacks look Cayuga.

I got them all from Ifa they were labeled blue sweedish do you think breeder could have Cross bread a sweedish and a Cayuga? Wondering if there all related. There was about 12 black ducks in the cage.

The light blue looks right and there are black also but the solid blacks look Cayuga.

I got them all from Ifa they were labeled blue sweedish do you think breeder could have Cross bread a sweedish and a Cayuga? Wondering if there all related. There was about 12 black ducks in the cage.

I honestly don't know. It's possible that they didn't have enough blue Sweden's or also possible they were mixed. Either way they are beautiful little ducks and should get along fine with the others.

Last edited:
Went out to duck nest a few hrs ago I saw one cracking open. Went out there now and saw it floating the egg in pool. There was no life in water or around them. The egg had yolk in it some was able to grab two eggs she allowed me to touch. I didn't see vains in it or any thing moving. I drew lines on it out lines I saw. Marked it 1-2 with a pencil. But I did see ants in nest again. I will lay ditmacious earth soon as partner comes home . So he can hold snowflake and hope. So I don't get bit.

I just got my ducklings from Metzer all happy and healthy. I've got 2 blue Swedish females.

I'm wondering if their down is any indication of their feathering pattern because one has yellow wing tips and the other has 2 dark spots on her back. Luckily that makes them easiest to identify babies. They are a couple of the sweetest and happiest to snuggle with me. Thanks all who encouraged me consider Swedish ducks!
Very cute!
love.gif
Blue ducks get random black feathers. They can move around each molt. (Right now my Blue Swedish has the feather that would be the drake feather - if she was a drake - that is black plus several more.) As they get older (older than a year) they will also get white "snow" feathers. Anyway, they are beautiful birds. Chances are since you can tell them apart now, you will learn their personalities and will be able to track them as they change. On my Swedish (I have a black and a blue), the bib stays fairly consistent, so if they were both the same color, I would know that Greta has the smaller more jagged bib and Roxette has the larger smoother bib. I don't know if this always holds true, but it has held true for 2 years on my 2 Swedish.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, i am interested in getting some swedish ducks. This would be my first time with ducks. Does this breed forage on insects pretty well? Hoping to keep the bug/fly population down. I have a 2 year old son so need a friendly breed. Are males and females both friendly? Do they fly? Will they come for food if i need to get them inside?thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom