SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys I can't get live ducks. 3 dead yolk. How do I fix the dog house and older ducks. I sprayed the coop down washed everything out there applied bug spray around where I could away from my eggs ditmacious earth. These ants drive me crazy. How can I help them.

Hello everyone, i am interested in getting some swedish ducks. This would be my first time with ducks. Does this breed forage on insects pretty well? Hoping to keep the bug/fly population down. I have a 2 year old son so need a friendly breed. Are males and females both friendly? Do they fly? Will they come for food if i need to get them inside?thanks!!

Yes they forage pretty well, they are realy friendly if you raise them from ducklings however mine isn't so fond of me right now because she is broody and her sister just died, they fly like bricks, and mine loooooves worms and minnows but I only give my ducks minnows in the winter when I get back from ice fishing.

I would not have the female around your son on broody days.they get pertective of baby's. Drake sometimes around females and eggs. But when there away from that there fine. Just watch your son closely around any animal .

lost twomore eggs. One had no development but blood in it.i have to get the hang of these outside thing. The last two try's with the ducks mothering. Why is that harder to do.

Thanks Tevyesdad! They do have pretty different personalities so I should be able to identify these two pretty easily.

My mind is blown at how fast they are growing. My Blue Swedish are noticeably bigger than my Pekins, and I thought they would be the biggest.

Purina flock all grower feed crumble/ turkey layer crumble worms grits oatmeal kale tomatoes cucumber squash yellow Mexican squash peas corn green beans cooked zucchini celery grits from grocery store.oatmeal.-parsley on occasion.scratch grain poultry grit. They will not eat anything else. I can barley get them to eat these. Two more eggs lost. One had a little bit of life in it very small with blood . And yolk. Other yolk.

We went and got another heat light fixture. We just need to get another bulb. I think partners going to try and get the light a little closer to dog house enough to shine in dog house but not able to get knocked down. I told him not in dog house because hope can't see. And she may knock into it.

Happy Mother's Day to all. More egg death.! No development at all, well got the lamp on the dog house, it's cutting it close have to watch it closely around birds, question because it so close. Do I have to use it all the time. I like just to youse it at night or does it have to be on 24/7. They still have the one over food bowl and water dish,

Back
Top Bottom