SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used fence to enclose the top because anything else tends to make it blow over. They have the duck house that looks like a large doghouse for shelter.
I meant our property line fence. It's one we share with neighbors so now their dogs are always in our yard. :(
Hard to believe they go from this: to this, in just 5 weeks!
It's seriously incredible how fast ducks grow lol. :)

If you can get them sexed it's better. I would say to just have girls. Have one boy and Adleast 3 girls or just boys. Blue swedish are the standard color but they also come in black and the less common splash. Make sure you have lots of room for them during the day and a safe place to sleep an night. If you have neighbors who complain about noise I would suggest all boys. They are very quiet compared to the really loud girls. They lay really well and as long as you get them young enough they are very friendly. :)

I live in twelve acres So the females wouldn't be a problem I decided that I want a balck male and female and two blue females

If you can get them sexed it's better. I would say to just have girls. Have one boy and Adleast 3 girls or just boys. Blue swedish are the standard color but they also come in black and the less common splash. Make sure you have lots of room for them during the day and a safe place to sleep an night. If you have neighbors who complain about noise I would suggest all boys. They are very quiet compared to the really loud girls. They lay really well and as long as you get them young enough they are very friendly. :)

I live in twelve acres So the females wouldn't be a problem I decided that I want a balck male and female and two blue females

Sounds like you are all prepared. Good luck. They are so much fun. :)

I used fence to enclose the top because anything else tends to make it blow over. They have the duck house that looks like a large doghouse for shelter.
I meant our property line fence. It's one we share with neighbors so now their dogs are always in our yard. :(
Hard to believe they go from this: to this, in just 5 weeks!
It's seriously incredible how fast ducks grow lol. :)
They are beautiful!

Hi all, just found this thread. I could use some help identifying 2 of my girls. They are the 2 in the back center. I ordered them from Ideal Hatchery in March of this year. They were supposed to be Blue Swedish, but as you can see they aren't that. Could they be Black Swedish or Splash or something entirely different? I see from some of the pictures that Black Swedish have large solid white breasts. Mine are splotched. I am confused!
Thanks!
Mandy

Last edited:

These are my swedes...Simon & Garfunkel. Will they ever fly? Do I need to be concerned that they will fly out of my yard? I really do not want to clip their wings. They run free in my yard.
I have two Swedish, mine fly like a brick! LOL They flap REAL hard and get a foot off the ground. They do more flap walking than flying.
Good luck,
Mandy

Mine are locked up at night in a chain link kennel with a house inside. I let them free range my yard during the day. We are fenced in and I have been fortunate and blessed to not have any problems.
Your's sounds just like mine. Here's a picture. Mine are free ranging during the day, locked up at night.

These are my girls!

Mine are locked up at night in a chain link kennel with a house inside. I let them free range my yard during the day. We are fenced in and I have been fortunate and blessed to not have any problems.
Your's sounds just like mine. Here's a picture. Mine are free ranging during the day, locked up at night. These are my girls! t looks great!
I love the platform for your pen. That looks great!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom