SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, just found this thread. I could use some help identifying 2 of my girls. They are the 2 in the back center. I ordered them from Ideal Hatchery in March of this year. They were supposed to be Blue Swedish, but as you can see they aren't that. Could they be Black Swedish or Splash or something entirely different? I see from some of the pictures that Black Swedish have large solid white breasts. Mine are splotched. I am confused! Thanks! Mandy
Not sure about the black crested one but the 2 in the back are for sure black swedish which also have splotches just like the blue. The white is a pekin. :)

Hi all, just found this thread. I could use some help identifying 2 of my girls. They are the 2 in the back center. I ordered them from Ideal Hatchery in March of this year. They were supposed to be Blue Swedish, but as you can see they aren't that. Could they be Black Swedish or Splash or something entirely different? I see from some of the pictures that Black Swedish have large solid white breasts. Mine are splotched. I am confused! Thanks! Mandy
Not sure about the black crested one but the 2 in the back are for sure black swedish which also have splotches just like the blue. The white is a pekin. :)
They look like crested Cayuga and black Swedish

Not sure about the black crested one but the 2 in the back are for sure black swedish which also have splotches just like the blue. The white is a pekin.
smile.png
Thanks, yes the crested are Cayuga, I was wondering about the ones in back. I assumed they were Swedish but the order was all wrong from Ideal and I just wasn't sure. The Pekin is a jumbo (I think), she is WAY bigger than my 2 adult Pekins and she's only 4 months old!

Thanks again.
Mandy

I have two Swedish, mine fly like a brick! LOL They flap REAL hard and get a foot off the ground. They do more flap walking than flying.
Good luck,
Mandy

Mine too! They flap and stomp about, then gracefully bow their head as if it had been an elegant display. Lol. Really they look like their drowning in air.

Back
Top Bottom