SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y’all. These ducks are frikken GIANT!!! It’s like they grew overnight!!!! Lol

how do you guys introduce the “swimming” world to the ducklings?? I know they don’t have their oils yet. But I’m seeing all these ducklings in bath tubs and I wanna do it dang it!! 😝
This is my first time with ducks, so I really don't know anything, but when they were really little, I got a 9 X 13 baking pan with warm water in it, and let them have at it for about ten minutes. Then I put it away and they preened themselves dry under the heat lamp. When they got bigger I had to up the size. But it was always supervised, because they don't have their feathers oiled yet. I don't know when that happens. They're sure working the base of their tail.....

This is my first time with ducks, so I really don't know anything, but when they were really little, I got a 9 X 13 baking pan with warm water in it, and let them have at it for about ten minutes. Then I put it away and they preened themselves dry under the heat lamp. When they got bigger I had to up the size. But it was always supervised, because they don't have their feathers oiled yet. I don't know when that happens. They're sure working the base of their tail.....
They try so hard to swim in their drinking water lol. So I know they get wet. Just wondering if the water should be a certain temp and should I make sure they can stand in the water without struggle. We will definitely be supervising this. I can’t wait!!

Got my babies in the water today. I was like a first time mama watching my baby swim for the first time lol. They were so cuteeeeeee 😭🥰💜

Also, these are for sure blue Swedish right? Lol.
1DA5B1C5-96C6-4434-AB09-87CE540F9F2F.jpeg
D4497DA0-B4B4-411E-BAD5-1285748B9343.jpeg
4F83C6F6-ACBC-4CBA-9F8A-87C45646AEA3.jpeg
9939E060-2DD2-4EBF-B91C-0F621FB19300.jpeg

I lied.. I did it today. Bought some cheap baby pools from Walmart and they're perfect for the babies! Got one for them, one for the chickens, and one for the human children's. lol

I'm completely obsessed and hubby wants me to get rid of them!!!! NOOOOO!!!!! 💔 :hit

IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_3227.JPG
IMG_3837.JPG
IMG_5155.JPG
IMG_7489.JPG

I lied.. I did it today. Bought some cheap baby pools from Walmart and they're perfect for the babies! Got one for them, one for the chickens, and one for the human children's. lol

I'm completely obsessed and hubby wants me to get rid of them!!!! NOOOOO!!!!! 💔 :hit

View attachment 2165270View attachment 2165271View attachment 2165272View attachment 2165273View attachment 2165274
What absolute fun! That looks like a blast. I'm envious. My ENORMOUS three-week-olds are still on the front porch, and I'm working on them having LESS water rather than more, as they're making enormous messes all the time and seem like they're continually sodden. So I put a screen underneath their watering font, and took out the wading bowl, and added another dry section. They're looking a lot better, but they NEED something like you're doing with your babies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom