SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
yeah i would love it if all the colours were excepted..
maybe we should push for all bibed colours to be excepted....
i was hoping to eventurly run a silver drake and a few blue and silver girls so i would get 50% of each blue and silver in the ducklings..
i think i should get 100% silver if i mate silver to silver...
silver is my favorite
smile.png

70%cocoa :

DBH, what do you mean 'rust Swedish'? Your blue is a very dark blue. Never seen one so dark. Very interesting!
big_smile.png

Rust is a Black duck with a modifying gene that adds Brown patterns to the plumage in females (look at her wing-bar (speculaum)), and it works differently in males, so I've been told, but I've never seen a Rust Drake. Rust can be applied to any Black-based color, with a naming scheme like this: Blue Rust, Chocolate Rust, Llac Rust, etc.
In every book and resourse, I've read that sunlight fades Blue. If Dawn-Dark exposure for 6 months didn't fade it, I guess I'm safe!
MollysFirstSnowBannyHens038.jpg

MollysFirstSnowBannyHens072.jpg

MollysFirstSnowBannyHens115.jpg

She is not a cross.​

Last edited:
Interesting. She is a beautiful duck. Here, any brown in the feathers in a Swedish is considered to be a major fault. It's also referred to as 'rust'. It can appear as they age. I haven't seen it in the wings though - mainly on the breast and shoulders. Different genes at work, I'd say.

Blue does fade in the sun - it gets a dirty brown tinge (not due to brown genes). Whe they moult again they return to full blue.

[[[[......She is not a cross......]]]]]

She's not a purebred Swedish, either. So if she isn't Swedish and she's not a cross, she is some other breed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom