Swedish duckling..? PICS

mbearrentine

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2023
I was told my duckling would be a blue or black Swedish duckling. I’ve had a black before.. but he didn’t change this color. Any idea what kind of duck he is? (He was black with a yellow chest) he’s turning brown striped like my mallard. but I’ve never seen a Brown Swedish :p

Side note: my little mallard is in the pic too, does she look like she’ll be a female with those stripes?

Attachments

• IMG_9382.jpeg
    IMG_9382.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9383.jpeg
    IMG_9383.jpeg
    990.4 KB · Views: 17
The duckling is probably a mix of a Black Swedish duck and likely a Rouen or Mallard. The Mallard duckling can really only be sexed by the voice at this age. Male and female Mallards all look the same at a young age until the males molt into their pretty plumage.

The duckling is probably a mix of a Black Swedish duck and likely a Rouen or Mallard. The Mallard duckling can really only be sexed by the voice at this age. Male and female Mallards all look the same at a young age until the males molt into their pretty plumage.
I didn’t know they all got the same color first! Thank you! I couldn’t find a pic anywhere online, I got him from rural king and didn’t know they could be mixed!

Back
Top Bottom