Swedish Flower Hen Orpington Cross

Shanna79

In the Brooder
Oct 8, 2015
I picked up a mix breed chick about 6 months ago. I liked it because it had a crest. It is a SFH/Orp cross and she has turned out to be one of my favorites. She is gorgeous.
Now I'm wanting to breed these two breeds together for more for my personal flock/backyard art
1f602.png
1f602.png

I have Orpington hens (lavender, chocolate, buff) and I just acquired a trio of the SFH.
What is your opinion on cross breeding these. I will include some pics below.

I have found myself asking the question what would a swedish hen /orphington cross be like and your answer what just was I was suspecting! I have one swedish and a Lavender orp roo both very nice birds ...looks like chicken math strikes again ! Lol

I know this is an old post but I'm excited to see it as I'm doing the same (SFH roo with Lavender Orpingtons). I'm calling them Flowery Orpingtons. So far I only have one, though with a Buff, and it ended up being a boy. I should have some by fall though. I also have a Flowey Olive Egger which is the coolest looking chick I've ever seen.
IMG_20190605_210500_278.jpg

I know this is an old post but I'm excited to see it as I'm doing the same (SFH roo with Lavender Orpingtons). I'm calling them Flowery Orpingtons. So far I only have one, though with a Buff, and it ended up being a boy. I should have some by fall though. I also have a Flowey Olive Egger which is the coolest looking chick I've ever seen.
View attachment 1804324

I just hatched 6 rhodebars 2 Swedish flowers and 2 yellow Buff Orpington crossed with Swedish flower rooster. I’m really exited to see how the cross breed will end up looking like. Chicks are 3 days old and I can’t tell as of yet if they will have any mixed coloring. I would love to know if anyone has pics of a mature hen with this specific crossing?

-Mack. North Shore Massachusetts

I just hatched 6 rhodebars 2 Swedish flowers and 2 yellow Buff Orpington crossed with Swedish flower rooster. I’m really exited to see how the cross breed will end up looking like. Chicks are 3 days old and I can’t tell as of yet if they will have any mixed coloring. I would love to know if anyone has pics of a mature hen with this specific crossing?
-Mack. North Shore Massachusetts
Hi, sounds very interesting... how are they looking now? I’d love to see pics . I have a lavender Orpington hen and a Swedish flower roo and was considering hatching some of her eggs next spring

Back
Top Bottom