Swedish Flower Hen Thread

HERE'S A COUPLE MORE PICS OF THOR!!
How old is he? He had nice coloring but I like to see more flower on the chest. Also what color are his legs? Yellow is the preferred color but flesh color is also acceptable. White is a no no. What you have to remember is that a roo will pass on qualities to all his girls where as if you have a he with little flowering or white legs its kust one offspring you have to watch for. Just my opinion. He's very pretty it will be fun to watch him change.
1f60a.png

he is about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks old. His legs are flesh colored I believe, but can't remember for sure.

He's a baby! He is a pretty little boy and I love the name!

Leg color can be influenced by feed. There are mills that make marigold feed so yellow legged chickens have yellower legs. All that to say that his legs could get more color if he was eating yellow color food. I hear papaya can enhance yellow legs too.

Has anyone crossed a swedish flower hen with a speckled sussex? I would be interested in seeing pictures! My 4 babies are doing well-even the one that came with the injured leg-a little chicken mobic, some scrambled eggs and rest and she's walking like a champ! I got 2 crested and 2 uncrested. Was hoping to pick up another "hatch batch" because they are so pretty but lost my baby Siesta-the one in my avatar
sad.png
Somehow she got out of the coop last night and I have been scrambling all day to try to find her and no luck so far. This chicken stuff is heartbreaking!!!

sorry about your loss. why would you want to cross breed? its not allow in SFH standard. if you are keeping them and just experimenting, you can so what you want. but if you are breeding to sell it wouldn't be right. :)

Thanks we think he's gorgeous and though it doesn't quite follow the Norse mythology we named his "girlfriend" Freya! She's a pretty girl too, a lot more white on her though. Thanks for the tips on the feed as well. I'm not too concerned with their leg color as we aren't planning on breeding and selling or anything I just want my kiddos and if they turn out to still be our favorites later we might breed just for ourselves but haven't really decided. It's always nice to hear what others think! I think the folks at work are probably tired of me showing pics of my "babies" all the time.
tongue.png

Thanks we think he's gorgeous and though it doesn't quite follow the Norse mythology we named his "girlfriend" Freya! She's a pretty girl too, a lot more white on her though. Thanks for the tips on the feed as well. I'm not too concerned with their leg color as we aren't planning on breeding and selling or anything I just want my kiddos and if they turn out to still be our favorites later we might breed just for ourselves but haven't really decided. It's always nice to hear what others think! I think the folks at work are probably tired of me showing pics of my "babies" all the time.
tongue.png

I predict it will just get worse. I have more chicken pictures on my phone than grand child and children combine. 2 of mine are Ragnar and Lagatha after the Vikings TV show. Always looking for new names. There is a list of Swedish baby names you can google too.
Please post pictures as they grow.

Back
Top Bottom