Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by stoneunhenged, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Bulldogma

Bulldogma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    SW Virginia
    My Coop
    I'm going to be traveling down I-81 from the Roanoke, VA area to Knoxville, TN area on Monday. Anybody along my rout want SFH eggs or to sell me a SFH pullet/hen or anything? PM me if you are interested!

2. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    Since we don't have a standard yet it is all in someones opinion some countries don't disqualify for that but in this country we normally do.

3. Bernie56

Bernie56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2012
    Just for the record. I did say that my sarcasm was to make a point, and not intended to offend anyone. I also said that I posted with reservations, because in the past I have gotten responses in the same tone. I never questioned your right to an opinion. I never said you were not welcome on the thread. I guess you can all "consider the source" and take it that I am an ignorant, hateful, person. Maybe I should just pack it in myself since my opinions are unwelcome. Happy hatching!

4. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    yes we would need to drop it asap, I think there is a lot we still don't know, we have one pullet straight from greenfire that has chocolate legs and beak she has thrown to choco pullets and have heard of other people who have had choco pullets, I think the breed has a lot to offer that we are yet to find out. I would love to see them recognized for what they are not what someone wants them to be.

5. Sebrightsrock

Sebrightsrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Quakertown Pennsylvania
    I've heard about all the different colors these guys can throw but until I started hatching some myself I didn't fully get thet any hen to any roo can throw any color.

I just hatched out a chick thats going to look like this:
    [​IMG]

From these two:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Sebrightsrock

Jun 22, 2012
    Quakertown Pennsylvania
    This one just hatched today. How do you think it will turn out?

[​IMG]

7. Herducks

Herducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2012
    Sebastopol, CA
    For a long time I thought this was a cockerel. But the comb is so small I am second guessing myself. About 5 mos old.

[​IMG]

8. jbarrett

jbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Florida
    Im not sure either but the second I saw it I said cock. without reading comment, keep us posted
    Good Luck! [​IMG] by the way love the coloring!

9. Sebrightsrock

Jun 22, 2012
    Quakertown Pennsylvania
    I would say hen. At 5 months old a cockeral should problably have a bigger comb and wattles. Although crested SFH roosters tend to have smaller combs. IDK[​IMG]

10. juststruttin

juststruttin Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    California
    Looks like a roo to me too. If a roo the saddle feathers should be coming in soon. If you separate the feathers in the saddle region do you see any thin shiny feathers? If there are more dominant roos in the flock this little guy's maturity may be stalled out

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by