Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by stoneunhenged, Jul 19, 2010.

1. cathiesue

cathiesue Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Collinsville, OK
    Probably a girl. My little roos were clearly roos at 4 months. Congrats on a pretty one.

2. cathiesue

Dec 7, 2011
    Collinsville, OK
    I've never had one start out that dark Keep posting pictures so we can see the progress. [​IMG]

3. cathiesue

Dec 7, 2011
    Collinsville, OK
    I dint' know about that. You mean if there is a big daddy the others won't mature as quickly?

4. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Speaking of colors and the black chick above... Here is my little lack kiddo at 4 weeks:

[​IMG]

And then last week at 9 weeks:
    [​IMG]

How's that for black? I'm wondering how he/she will look as an adult!

5. Sebrightsrock

Sebrightsrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Quakertown Pennsylvania
    Looking awsome. Thats the color I'm trying to get. I really like the black with white spots.

6. Sebrightsrock

Sebrightsrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Quakertown Pennsylvania
    That could be that his maturity is stalled. I had an Olandsk Dwarf that did that. Heres some pics of him and his hatchmates at the same age.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jbarrett

jbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Florida
    just a quick question....are you sure that is a pure Swede? I only ask because of the leg color....so far all I read from SWEDEN is hat their flocks over there all have yellow legs! If it is pure bred I need to make a not of that, anyone else have Swedes with this leg color, please let me know so I can make a point!! Thanks Justin

8. jbarrett

jbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Florida
    [​IMG]
    This is an Australorp chick and I was just wondering Leahs Mom this looks like your chick pic, like I said just let me know I would need to make nots of that! Thank

9. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I think Bulldogma can answer the question about the leg color. She made a comment on that earlier in this thread so I'll defer to her on that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by