Swedish Flower Hen Thread

well, I've got 3 chicks growing out, 1 from bulldogma and 2 from kytinpusher, I think at least 2 are cockerels, if not all 3. LOL hoping i'm wrong.

plus 20+ chicks hatched from bulldogma and wildhorseannie (hatched sunday) so i'm sure w'll have plenty of roos to pick from sooner than later. LOL

(yes, the darkest one IS crested)... from kytinpusher)

Last edited:
well, I've got 3 chicks growing out, 1 from bulldogma and 2 from kytinpusher, I think at least 2 are cockerels, if not all 3. LOL hoping i'm wrong.

plus 20+ chicks hatched from bulldogma and wildhorseannie (hatched sunday) so i'm sure w'll have plenty of roos to pick from sooner than later. LOL

Awwwww, lookie the pretty flowers!

SO CUTE!

Well found my Rooster dead in the pen last night
sad.png
I have no idea what happened to him! I have 2 chicks growing out from Bernie56 so hope springs eternal that one of them will be a rooster. Spring will tell.
So sorry to hear this. The chicks are about 10 weeks old now, right? Are you down to two, or is it just two that you are unsure of? Do you have recent pics, maybe I could help tell gender. How many adult hens do you have? If you are in a real bind I can probably help you out. I kept two from Dahlisgrams eggs (25 weeks), and I have two from my birds (19 weeks). It always seems like a good idea two keep extras....until they start beating each other up. These are all roos that I kept for myself, so they are my top choices, but if I had to I could probably pull one. They would need to be picked up though. I am just south of Atlanta.

(yes, the darkest one IS crested)... from kytinpusher)

so cute!!!!!! aww those are lovely! i need them now!

Quote: actually there are 4 non-flowers in there. the small silvery one in the middle with gold face and the one just to her butt are both mille fleur cochins, plus there's one EE (large buff) and another mille laying in the food dish. LOL just realized that looking at the pic again. those cochins just HAVE to be the center of attention. LOL maybe that's why I love the sfh. they're very cochin-ish in their personalities.

Last edited:
Quote: actually there are 4 non-flowers in there. the small silvery one in the middle with gold face and the one just to her butt are both mille fleur cochins, plus there's one EE (large buff) and another mille laying in the food dish. LOL just realized that looking at the pic again. those cochins just HAVE to be the center of attention. LOL maybe that's why I love the sfh. they're very cochin-ish in their personalities.
what doy ou mean by "flowers" i dont see flowers on any of them ?

Quote:
actually there are 4 non-flowers in there. the small silvery one in the middle with gold face and the one just to her butt are both mille fleur cochins, plus there's one EE (large buff) and another mille laying in the food dish. LOL just realized that looking at the pic again. those cochins just HAVE to be the center of attention. LOL maybe that's why I love the sfh. they're very cochin-ish in their personalities.
not that they HAVE flowers, they ARE flowers... Swedish Flowers.
wink.png

Last edited:
not that they HAVE flowers, they ARE flowers... Swedish Flowers.
wink.png

oh!!! i didnt undersatnd tht!!!

Back
Top Bottom