Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I am just finishing up a hatch of shipped SFH eggs. I started with 17 eggs. 6 were clear or very early quitters. 2 more quit before a week. The other 9 made it to lockdown, although a couple did not look developed enough to hatch. 6 of them have hatched, 1 is internally pipped, and 2 died in the shell. I was very concerned whether or not any would hatch because my humidity never went below 40%, and was 45% - 48% most of the time. I could not get the humidity down no matter what I did. Most of my hatches I run the humidity in the low 30s and up it to 65% at lockdown.

I am just finishing up a hatch of shipped SFH eggs. I started with 17 eggs. 6 were clear or very early quitters. 2 more quit before a week. The other 9 made it to lockdown, although a couple did not look developed enough to hatch. 6 of them have hatched, 1 is internally pipped, and 2 died in the shell. I was very concerned whether or not any would hatch because my humidity never went below 40%, and was 45% - 48% most of the time. I could not get the humidity down no matter what I did. Most of my hatches I run the humidity in the low 30s and up it to 65% at lockdown.
So my humidity is not too high for incubation at 27 - 35%. I can probably raise it even more than I do for the hatch.

Thank you for the input.

Agree - 2 boys and a girl.
big_smile.png

@KYTinpusher and all...

5 Weeks Old

All 3 kiddos.

I haven't banded these kids and it's very hard for me to tell the difference between the blacks. But I think this is...

Black A

And Black B

"Little Brown"

I guess we shall see :D

I look at things like their leg size too...if one has larger legs than the others it's usually a cockerel. All these kid's legs are about the same.

Of course, that could mean they're all boys
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom