Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I have zer0 darkies out of 24.
idunno.gif
I guess I am still on the hook to Greenfire if I want dark genes in my flock. Still I am very happy with my batch just the same...so far.

Last edited:
I hatched 6 new SFH chicks sunday! And my broody, Boo should be hatching soon! She was off this morning eating extra and a couple eggs were cheeping. They're due over like 3 days so if she doesn't sit and hatch them all I can put the late ones in the incubator. 2 eggs are due tomorrow and it was the SFH eggs from her and the other 3 hens over the next couple days. She's on 9 total. It was 10 but one got squished (ugghh, it was developing and pretty far along too). So hoping for more chicks soon!!

idunno.gif
I guess I am still on the hook to Greenfire if I want dark genes in my flock. Still I am very happy with my batch just the same...so far.
My guess is that they will a get a lot darker as they mature. My red/white girls were almost pure white until about 4 months and then their dark red started coming in.

idunno.gif

I'll be happy to ship you some of my eggs, maybe we can trade off....I can pretty much guarantee you'll get a bunch of blacks. These are Greenfire birds. I plan to be breeding for many years, so keep it in mind.

Her boyfriend Thor

Created pullet and cockerel flanking the "pullet of unusual size". Any guesses as to breed? Not a SFH. She has dark grey legs and feet, single comb, wispy feathering on one leg.

Created pullet and cockerel flanking the "pullet of unusual size". Any guesses as to breed? Not a SFH. She has dark grey legs and feet, single comb, wispy feathering on one leg.
i would say mutt for sure, especially if she's got some feathering but only on one leg... grey skin would lead me to suspect silkie somewhere along the way maybe. all the other feather-legged breeds i can think of off the top of my head have either pink or yellow legs/feet.

We have 2 chicks that just hatched Friday and Saturday. We are really enjoying them. They are very confident, curious, friendly. There are also a couple Bresse and a couple Faverolles with them and each breed has a distinct personality which I find very interesting at such a young age.

I have another 20 SFH eggs in the incubator and am hoping we get a much better hatch rate with these.

Back
Top Bottom