Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Very interesting! Thanks! Love that there's some much variety in the colors and patterns.
love.gif

I may have missed them (or just don't remember as the memory doesn't seem as good as it once way
tongue.png
). But -

Does anyone have roosters/cockerels that are predominantly blue or black with little or no red? I know you may have already posted photos, but for some reason I remember the hens/pullets and don't remember the males. If anyone has males, could you post photos again? (Or direct me to where I missed them
roll.png
)

Thanks!

Quote: to add to this, here is a pic of a blue mille fleur (vs the blue 'calico' - same genetics, different expression). she's one of 2 older pullets I got from someone in Alabama. the roo is also crested (facing away), then there's the blue mottled (uncrested) girl behind. they should be coming up on point of lay soon, if they're not already. free ranging and learning to hide eggs from the dorkings most likely.

Can someone help me confirm if these are roosters? I thought these guys were all the same age and I have one for sure rooster in the bunch, he crows and everything but then there is another one that looks almost exactly like him but he is smaller and is comb and wattle are a little smaller and he isn't crowing so not fur sure one him/her. The crested one, I just can't tell, it is so aggressive I am suspicious it is a rooster also but again, they are all supposed to be the same age but they are smaller and comb and wattle are not as big so I just don't know. All you experts can give me your opinions and then if anyone is looking for extra roosters, I'm looking for more hens!
I know he's a rooster! They are all about 14 wks old.

Hen or Rooster, pretty sure I already know but I need someone to confirm it for me.

JB I'm just reading over post I've missed in the past month or so & saw this! Congratulations, this is wonderful!!! My daughter is going to be showing some of our SFH this fall in the Parish Fair. Hope she does as well
clap.gif
Thank you and tell her I said Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom