Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Has anyone ever hatched a SFH chick this color?
LL

This looks just like my spalsh orp chicks. I didn't think I had any orp eggs in the bator, but this one has me wondering if I mixed an egg up
hu.gif
. No chance it is a mix. The coops are separated by at least 100 yards with a house in the middle. I would love it if it is a blue spalsh SFH! I guess I'm just going to have to keep it to find out!
hide.gif
lau.gif

LL

This looks just like my spalsh orp chicks. I didn't think I had any orp eggs in the bator, but this one has me wondering if I mixed an egg up
hu.gif
. No chance it is a mix. The coops are separated by at least 100 yards with a house in the middle. I would love it if it is a blue spalsh SFH! I guess I'm just going to have to keep it to find out!
hide.gif
lau.gif
Uh huh...
wink.png

You can't come up with a better excuse than that?
lau.gif

I'm trying to get everything caught up on the farm so I can have my NPIP testing done. I will have the AI and MG testing done at the same time. But I haven't looked at the new requirements to ship to VA, so not sure it will be enough. How close are you to another state?
Shipping to Virginia is not that hard. I attended the course to become a certified NPIP tester in my county. They did discuss poultry sales across State lines there. Yes, everything that comes into VA must be NPIP. Once you have the NPIP, it is a matter of getting registered with the State of VA to export poultry (chicks, eggs, etc) to VA. According to the State Veterinarian at the class, there are no fees for this registration for exporting poultry to VA.

So get your NPIP, get registered to export to VA, and your in business!

hey there friends! I've missed you!
Just wanted to chime in quickly...
Leigh, my Bazinga came direct from GreenFire in the spring/summer of 2011, along with 11 other chicks. I bought him from my friend Denys in December, 2011. After falling in love with him, I went back in February, 2012, and bought 5 hatching eggs and a week or so later 2 chicks. (These coming from the remaining flock and thus not related to Bazinga) One of the chicks grew into Penny. From the eggs I hatched Amy, Pria, and Bernadette.
Also, just so you know, when the Big Bang girls started laying, fall of 2012, I sold 11 eggs to Jean Hovenden, who hatched 10 chicks.
If you (or Karen) got eggs or chicks from her there's a good chance there's Bazinga genes in there.

Take care everyone!
My sympathies to those of you who have suffered losses, and I do mean that from my heart.
I know how you feel...
Well, I know the eggs Leigh got from Jean came to me for incubating... 1 hatched and is growing into the pullet (I thought cockerel) I posted a few days ago...

Ugg my heart just aches
hit.gif
We had an family emergency today and I missed an auction on SFH! I only have 6 chickens and trying to get started. I bought a bator and everything early this morning with hopes of winning. My girls were so excited and now I wish I hadn't told them
barnie.gif
I just I will have to look for another breed because that is the first SFH I have seen. Any suggestions?

Ugg my heart just aches
hit.gif
We had an family emergency today and I missed an auction on SFH! I only have 6 chickens and trying to get started. I bought a bator and everything early this morning with hopes of winning. My girls were so excited and now I wish I hadn't told them
barnie.gif
I just I will have to look for another breed because that is the first SFH I have seen. Any suggestions?
I'll have more next week.
big_smile.png

Ugg my heart just aches
hit.gif
barnie.gif
I will have some the first of the year....

The SFH chick I got from Karen and Leigh was that color with just a spot of red on her head. she was almost all white with small flowers of red and grey. unfortunately I think one of the neighbors stray cats got her.

LL

hu.gif
hide.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom