Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Um,  I have had Sweds since Greenfire first imported them and I have never had any with the coloring of the two hens, much less two with almost exact patterning.  Are you sure they are not Swed Mixes?   I could be wrong, I mean Sweds have a multiplicity of colorings.  

I bought from Gff last year and i got 3 pullets that
looked very much like those two she has except mine were crested
and my 3 were almost identical to each other

Like I said I could be wrong because Swedish Flower Hens have a multiplicity of coloring! I am always amazed when I see them with new color patterning and to realize they are all the same breed. Which is why I have Sweds! I love seeing all their diversity and them all still being pure bred. Did you figure out how they will breed out?

Can anyone tell me what color chicks I can expect from my quad? One black hen and two blue based (I think) and I'm not sure what my roo is?
ki4got would be better at telling you what color chicks to expect, but I can tell you your rooster is splash. Looks a lot like my main roo, Astolf! I hatch many different colors of chicks, but I have other roosters and many different color hens.

Your hens look to be pure SFH. I think the blues and blacks were imported with the second group that GFF imported, along with the crests. They are all very pretty!
love.gif

ki4got would be better at telling you what color chicks to expect, but I can tell you your rooster is splash. Looks a lot like my main roo, Astolf! I hatch many different colors of chicks, but I have other roosters and many different color hens.

Your hens look to be pure SFH. I think the blues and blacks were imported with the second group that GFF imported, along with the crests. They are all very pretty!
love.gif

Oh thank you so much! So if my roo is splash and my girls are blue and black based would I only expect blues and splash as a result? I was really hoping for more blacks but that may not be possible without a different roo, correct?

I really appreciate your response!

Oh thank you so much! So if my roo is splash and my girls are blue and black based would I only expect blues and splash as a result? I was really hoping for more blacks but that may not be possible without a different roo, correct?

SFH operate on a black, blue, & splash base. Here is a handy guide to help you in getting the color base you want.

Have fun!

If the SFH work like other BBS, then that would be correct - you can't get black chicks with a splash roo.

Back
Top Bottom