Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Well the chicks I won on rare chicken breeds auction are now 2 months.
I have 7 girls & 13 boys, not the odds I was hoping for. :(
Oh well have 6 chicks, &10 more eggs under a broody!

Hey I'm looking to add a few more swedish and I've got a transporter that could haul for me back to Wisconsin. She will be going thru Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, down to Virginia and back to WI. Does anyone have a few pellets you could send with her or straight run chicks? My hatches went very poor, first order of 13 chick's yielded 11 roos, second order has 5 for sure puppets and a broody hen sharing the 12x18 barn with them last nite went crazy and ripped the scalps and neck skin off of 2 of the pullets, made a small hole where she tried to grab another and ripped the tail off a 4th. So now I'm back to only 4 pullets, 5 if the one survives. Please let me know asap. Healthy disease free flocks only! [email protected]

Hey I'm looking to add a few more swedish and I've got a transporter that could haul for me back to Wisconsin. She will be going thru Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, down to Virginia and back to WI. Does anyone have a few pellets you could send with her or straight run chicks? My hatches went very poor, first order of 13 chick's yielded 11 roos, second order has 5 for sure puppets and a broody hen sharing the 12x18 barn with them last nite went crazy and ripped the scalps and neck skin off of 2 of the pullets, made a small hole where she tried to grab another and ripped the tail off a 4th. So now I'm back to only 4 pullets, 5 if the one survives. Please let me know asap. Healthy disease free flocks only! [email protected]

I'm in sw Virginia, near Roanoke, if they're headed this far south I've got pullets and cockerels.

is it just me or is the SFH locomotion the most dinosaur-like? I think it has to do with them being a "landrace".

I don't know about "dinosaur", but I think they have the most interesting way of running around with their heads low then popping up tall. I don't notice any of my other breeds doing that and I think it's really cute :D

Well my four babies have gotten big and are turning into 4 very beautiful juveniles which came from Walli Johnson. I'd like some advice if y'all don't mind. I've been told that all 4 are roos but the crested one and one more I don't see any wattles but of course I'm no chicken expert by any means so other opinions are greatly appreciated. The bottom three are different birds they just look alike lol.

Well my four babies have gotten big and are turning into 4 very beautiful juveniles which came from Walli Johnson. I'd like some advice if y'all don't mind. I've been told that all 4 are roos but the crested one and one more I don't see any wattles but of course I'm no chicken expert by any means so other opinions are greatly appreciated. The bottom three are different birds they just look alike lol.
does your crested one look an awful lot like a road runner? Mine does, I think that's what I'm gonna name her!

Leah's Mom,
Thank you for asking. My broody cuckoo maran is still sitting on the fertilized SFH eggs ... a week and a half now. Halfway there! My austalorp is also broody, but I haven't tried to break her yet because she's my back-up in case my maran abandons the clutch early.

Update on the continuing Olaf & Anna saga of "is Anna a pullet or cockerel." Most on this board concluded a couple of months ago that Anna was a cockerel. Now, I'm not so sure. They just turned five months old. You tell me.
ANNA:

OLAF:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom