Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Chipper Chicken -
From what I understand from some contacts in Sweden and Denmark, this coloration is not very common there either. It has popped up in the UK a few times.

And I have GREAT news everyone!

Drum roll please...

Magnus is now mounting and successfully breeding hens! (He was a bit of a late bloomer.)

And while we have just finished the pens on the inside of the new coop, I'm currently out of funds to erect the outdoor run portion - and I don't want to put a breeding group in a pen without an outdoor run.

Hopefully I can sell some more eggs and chicks soon and pay for the materials for a pen - because then we'll have snoleopard x snoleopard eggs!!!!!
Yah! Hope the fundage comes your was soonest! Can't wait to see what that x makes, should answer some genetic questions, although I bet it brings up as many questions as it answers ;> SFH are such fun that way.

All this genetics talk makes me
confusion-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yah! Hope the fundage comes your was soonest! Can't wait to see what that x makes, should answer some genetic questions, although I bet it brings up as many questions as it answers ;> SFH are such fun that way.
They are SO much fun!

actually a controlled 1 on 1 breeding with a red/black male would tell us for sure if it's the dominant dilute. if so, 50/50 of the chicks would be dilute. if all come out dark, then it's the recessive version (ig)
Snoleopard has been paired with Mace for a few weeks, but I haven't seen her lay an egg since the move. Just as well - she'll be with Magnus soon!

All this genetics talk makes me
confusion-smiley-emoticon.gif
lau.gif

Well its only day 4 but I'm only seeing veining in 4 of my 11 eggs, surprisingly one of them was one that had a detached air cell. I won't clear anything out until day 14 but this isn't looking promising, haha. I may need to start investigating local sources for SFH eggs.

The kiddos are 13 weeks old.

Black w/band in front. She has more brown than the other black.

Here they are as little ones.

Black without band.

"Brown" (She still has snake eyes.)

Brown as a little one (kytinpusher's photo at hatch)

This is Emma. She's 1.5 yo. I think "brown" will end up looking much like Emma.

Back
Top Bottom