Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Thank you for the info about the Facebook group. I had missed that. I guess my question was German line specific, do they have the same issues to look for, such as comb sprigs and split wing. Are there other German line birds than the Fishers?
As far as I know, Dale Fisher is the only one beside GFF that has imported SFH to this country. I have 2 cockerels from his German line that I added for the diversity. They are 41 and 44 weeks old and so far I have not had any problems with them. They are not showing any sprigs or splitwing. I have not hatched any chicks from them for myself yet, so I don't know if they are carrying any unwanted traits, but they don't show any.

Adolf - the older one and Gustaf

And I just had conversation with Dale. He is out of the business and has sold Fishers to someone else. So it isn't Dale anymore, but they are supposed to still have the same line.

PS: I want Gustaf. @KYTinpusher If I can get some babies this spring that produce a boy like him from you I'll be pretty happy :)
I will keep you in mind when I start hatching again in the spring.
thumbsup.gif
No room right now.
barnie.gif
I can't wait to see his offspring!

Greetings - my two Swedish Flowers are Inga and Pia, lovely gals. My daughter call them Flower Pots.
Is it hard to find a good rooster? If I don't, they are likely to hook up with our Banty Cochin Napoleon, who is eagerly courting them.

Just saw this thread.
I got my SFH a couple months ago.
A juvenile pair and 3 chicks.

Unfortunately my young pullet stuck her head in the chain link fence and was trampled when I opened the gate.
It broke her neck. :(

Who on here has German line birds? Would like to know more about what they offer to a breeding program. Benefits, problems? I am very interested in this info.

If you live in SoCalif I know someone who's selling GFF Svart Hona chicks (Swedish Black Hens) that are related to Ayam Cemani - no shipping/pickup only. PM me if you wish
smile.png

Greetings - my two Swedish Flowers are Inga and Pia,  lovely gals. My daughter call them Flower Pots.
Is it hard to find a good rooster? If I don't, they are likely to hook up with our Banty Cochin Napoleon, who is eagerly courting them.

I have some little cockerels that are about 6 wks old. I could ship to you if interested. I'll PM you some pics. They are really cute.

Back
Top Bottom