Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I can start seeing cockerels at about 2-3 weeks, they are male and never end up an early maturing pullet. Most cockerels are definitely apairent by 5-6 weeks. Now......I did have a beautiful pullet become a cockerel at about 4 months, not a sign, no wattles, nothing, till over night became a cockerel. Darn.

Little flowers getting some grass time.

I moved my 6 week old SFHs out to their own pen in the main coop yesterday. It was 75 degrees during the day and got down to 47 degrees at night (a bit colder than predicted). I kept checking on them, thinking they might get too cold with no heat lamp, but they did great. Definitely impressed with how quickly they filled-out and feathered-out, as well as how hardy they are. Now if the cockerels would just reveal themselves!

I have some 1-week old SFH chicks and 3-week old dominique chicks in the coop. Daytime temps are in the 50s to 60s, night time temps are 40 to 45. They have a Sweeter Heater panel to keep them warm, but they also spend time running around in the ambient temperatures - tough little chicks! The cooler temperatures seem to help them feather out faster.

Last edited:
Hi again!

So I bought a Roo that came from a hatch that has snoleopard in the hatch. What are the chances of him producing that?

I'm setting eggs tomorrow! Thanks :) He is blue based as is one of the hens in with him. They had a black based roo that sold the day before! I really wanted him. He's a gentleman with the ladies though and very easy on the eyes I think !

Hi again! So I bought a Roo that came from a hatch that has snoleopard in the hatch. What are the chances of him producing that? I'm setting eggs tomorrow! Thanks :) He is blue based as is one of the hens in with him. They had a black based roo that sold the day before! I really wanted him. He's a gentleman with the ladies though and very easy on the eyes I think !
He could be a carrier. Just like you're doing, you'll have to hatch a few batches and see what you get. Good luck!! He's a pretty boy :)

Back
Top Bottom