Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Someone said my roo is crested and I don't think this qualifies as a crest. Can someone help?

He's got a few feathers sticking up on that 1st pic, but I don't think he's crested either. Lots of times, the crested have a funny comb, too, and yours is perfect. He's beautiful!!

Has he been bred and hatched chicks yet? That would tell you. If you breed him with UNcrested and a crest pops up, then maybe he carries the gene.

Hi again! So I bought a Roo that came from a hatch that has snoleopard in the hatch. What are the chances of him producing that? I'm setting eggs tomorrow! Thanks :) He is blue based as is one of the hens in with him. They had a black based roo that sold the day before! I really wanted him. He's a gentleman with the ladies though and very easy on the eyes I think !
Someone said my roo is crested and I don't think this qualifies as a crest. Can someone help?
Hi BYchickadoo You boy is not crested those are his eyebrows. I have hens with eyebrows like that. He's a beauty. It will be fun seeing what he produces.
1f60a.png

thanks everyone! Yes, I didn't think he was but also didn't know those are his eyebrows!! haha that's awesome, thank you.

I have 9 eggs in the incubator now! :)

I hatched the first SFH chicks from my own eggs yesterday. They were tiny pullet eggs as my girls were only 22 weeks old, but I was excited to see if I could get them to hatch. Two cute little black and white babies.

Can any of you tell me if any of these are swedish flowers? (I thought they were Swedish flower eggs, but now I'm not sure what I have!)

They are 4 weeks old now.

Luna

Brownie - guessing no...have no clue what she is!

Lemon - apparently a rooster whatever he is!

Back
Top Bottom