Swedish Flower Hen Thread

There are at least 8 babies stuffed in here with the 2 moms! Now how do I get these fierce protectors to let me get them out. In my experience the chicks dehydrate before they are big enough to jump out on their own. I will have to get some armor on because these girls are very serious mommas!
oh my! would have never thought to use a covered litter box for that! Brilliant!

I stole the idea from somebody else. They are easy to clean and move. Took the top off and took them off the table they were on.
I love it! Next broody hen, I'll be stealing that idea from you!
1f609.png

oh my! would have never thought to use a covered litter box for that! Brilliant!

I stole the idea from somebody else. They are easy to clean and move.
Took the top off and took them off the table they were on.

I love it! Next broody hen, I'll be stealing that idea from you!
1f609.png

I've been using these for years for our Silkies that don't roost on perches but on the floor. A little straw in the litter box and they're happy as clams and keeps them off of dirty coop floors. Carrier kennels are nice too because they have more ventilation on the top half of the litter box and the handle on top makes it nice to move the hens around without disturbing them.

This is a new color for me. Yellow with silver on the back & head. Can't wait to see how she grows out.

Another new color for me is this mocha. Again I'm excited to see what she will look like.

Back
Top Bottom