Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Thanks so much for the pictures. So they didn't even have a bump at a few days old? I'm still hopeful one of mind will have a crest pop up.
smile.png

I love my Swedes, they have such unique, corky personalities. They're always very interested in me and what I'm doing. When I sit on a log in their run, they always hop up next to me.

34304_swedes1.jpg

34304_swedes2.jpg

34304_swedes3.jpg

droolin.gif

Would you LOOK at those roos?! Holy moly Batman....I'm in chicken lust!

droolin.gif

I'm fairly certain Carl Larsson (the Swedish artist) painted those roos before....they're very very familiar to me - I worked with the Swedish American Museum in Chicago for 5yrs....saw lots of "t'ings Svensk" during those wonderful years. I did a quick search and came up blank. If it comes to me, I'll post it.

Gorgeous guys (and gals) you've got there. Perhaps my flock will be able to support some of your birds.

--Blessed be the flexible, for they will not break --

Mom to a fabulous zoo - three wonderful Godly men and men-in-training, 6 Eastern box turtles, 1 possessive Parrotlet, 1 curiously quiet hamster, 2 fabulous felines, 1 crazy jealous labradoodle - and soon, chickens!

I love the beauty of these and the variety of color.....I understand why they call them flower hens(well, IMO)...all the colors remind me of a bouquet of flowers
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom