Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Quote:
Do you have any plans to pen him and a couple girls separately? People might want HIS chicks.

As of right now I have no plans of separating him. I really do not have the room. We are going to start building another coop for our Breda's. So that will make three.

Quote:
I love the big crested red roo. What did HE look like as a youngster? Please post more pic of your birds, I can't get enough of them!

Just curious, have you hatched out any chicks for yourself this round?

I will post more pics, hopefully tomorrow.

I have some that are going to hatch but they were just left over eggs that I had. I have been selling most of my eggs so none left for me. I have 2 that are about 4 weeks old and one looks like it will be crested. I need to get better with the pictures.

Quote:
I have seen at least 10 different people selling SFH eggs on eBay in the past couple months including, I think, both of the people mentioned above. ( ray_32690 , sgillisdoc , chickeneggs123 , bulletproffbaby2 , aandjsfarm , mprincess70 , hootie159 , just_only_me , wildhorsefarms , burtonjon1 ) It looks like all of them are good sellers.

I prefer not to order hatching eggs. I'd rather pay extra for chicks. The postal service is going through some changes and Lord have mercy if the chicks weren't late too. I was just curious cuz I'm not opposed to ordering from GF too if it means a more diversified coop, genetic wise.

They have Isbars on Rarebreeds, 10 chicks. So far the bid is 478 or so. Which is half price per chick.

Quote:
I love the big crested red roo. What did HE look like as a youngster? Please post more pic of your birds, I can't get enough of them!

Just curious, have you hatched out any chicks for yourself this round?

I have some that are going to hatch but they were just left over eggs that I had. I have been selling most of my eggs so none left for me. I have 2 that are about 4 weeks old and one looks like it will be crested. I need to get better with the pictures.

I would love to see pics of some juvies from your flock, I'm excited to see what I potentially may hatch!
big_smile.png

Quote:

I would love to see pics of some juvies from your flock, I'm excited to see what I potentially may hatch!
big_smile.png

Jeremy,

I will try my best to take some pics tomorrow.. Things are crazy right now at our house....between chickens, chicks, work and our business...

Quote:
No rush, this is a crazy time of year for sure.

I'm super excited about my eggs, I've pulled my Brinsea out of the garage and will start it up Sunday evening in preparation for the eggs your sending!
big_smile.png

Quote:
No rush, this is a crazy time of year for sure.

I'm super excited about my eggs, I've pulled my Brinsea out of the garage and will start it up Sunday evening in preparation for the eggs your sending!
big_smile.png

I am glad you are exited...I hope you have a great hatch!!!!

Quote:

How exciting!! There are some very nice Spitz in this country. I got some from Carla in Oklahoma. But genetic diversity would be a very, very good thing.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have seen at least 10 different people selling SFH eggs on eBay in the past couple months including, I think, both of the people mentioned above. ( ray_32690 , sgillisdoc , chickeneggs123 , bulletproffbaby2 , aandjsfarm , mprincess70 , hootie159 , just_only_me , wildhorsefarms , burtonjon1 ) It looks like all of them are good sellers.

I prefer not to order hatching eggs. I'd rather pay extra for chicks. The postal service is going through some changes and Lord have mercy if the chicks weren't late too. I was just curious cuz I'm not opposed to ordering from GF too if it means a more diversified coop, genetic wise.

They have Isbars on Rarebreeds, 10 chicks. So far the bid is 478 or so. Which is half price per chick.

I have been watching the Isbars on Rarebreeds, they are really nice.

Back
Top Bottom