Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Quote:

How exciting!! There are some very nice Spitz in this country. I got some from Carla in Oklahoma. But genetic diversity would be a very, very good thing.

I just bought a Sptiz today from a fellow Byc'er friend. I guess what I don't know doesn't hurt me because I think she's beautiful.

Quote:

How exciting!! There are some very nice Spitz in this country. I got some from Carla in Oklahoma. But genetic diversity would be a very, very good thing.

I just bought a Sptiz today from a fellow Byc'er friend. I guess what I don't know doesn't hurt me because I think she's beautiful.

There are a lot of Spitz out with a lot of obvious Polish in them. I have Spitz from too different sources, and one breeder's birds were MUCH better than the others.

Sorry. I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

No need to worry about hijacking the thread because it's coming full circle
wink.png

My Spitz makes a chortle sound instead of a cluck. I've only owned her for 12 hours and most of those were sleeping hours, however, I've already deduced that she is LOUD.

Do Swedish Flowers cluck ? Are they loud? I live out in the middle of nowhere so it won't be an issue, again, just curious.

And the last three at 6 and 16 weeks. The first one was dark gray/blue and white as a baby. The second one was light gray/blue and white and the third one was another yellow with pale orangish.
The cockerels with the crests have the crooked combs. Hmmmmm. Haven't noticed if the little pullet with the crest has a crooked comb. Her crest is poofier than the boys.

81049_2darkgraycockerel2_6_plus_weeks.jpg
81049_5dark_blue_cockerel_16_weeks_600.jpg

81049_2lightgraycockerel2_6_plus_weeks.jpg
81049_5light_blue_cockerel_16_weeks_600.jpg

81049_3whiteredcrested1_6_plus_weeks.jpg
81049_6white_and_red_crested_cockerel_16_weeks_600.jpg

ya.gif
Thanks again for sharing pictures
thumbsup.gif
I can see that I'll get one like the white with red for sure. I have three that looked yellow but are growing out brown. . . maybe that's the mille fleur? I have another grey but this one has some chesnut on it's head, and another black. I'm hoping for a black one that will look like your speckled pullet. I haven't seen any of the greys with crests. Wonder if there's anything to that? I like the crooked combs. I'm hoping for a big multicolored roo with a crest and a big crooked comb. Oh, I just described Michele's roo!
lol.png

Mine continue to be extremely friendly. I open the pen and they stay by my feet. I love that about these birds.

Now back out into the icy wind to work on my new bantam pen. hi-ho, hi-ho. . . . .

I'm a dummy....I HAVE a grey bird with a crest!!
roll.png
tongue.png
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom