Swedish Flower Hen Thread

So, today my second box of SFH eggs arrived in the mail. They come from John Dively in Claysburg PA. Does anyone know of him? I ordered off of ebay.... I am paying for my 3rd and final batch of eggs tomorrow so hopefully I will have a good selection of males/females to breed from creating a new blood line. Dang, why are these birds so attractive?

I just spoke to him. He sounds ok. He has a flock and sells eggs, sometimes hatches some. Has some in incubator now. He's about two hours from me. I hope in the near future to be able to get some chicks from him.

Edit to add: his flock is from th GF line. I asked.

Last edited:
These are my 2 white's up close. They are so adorable!
Very cute!
love.gif
The one on left (bottom) looks crested!

Anyone in East TN or N GA wanna trade pullets? I have a red and white one growing out that I would love to trade for one with more black in it. Crested or not... I'm only trying to get away from the red and white. I don't want my whole flock to be the same color combo

THANKS!

I just spoke to him. He sounds ok. He has a flock and sells eggs, sometimes hatches some. Has some in incubator now. He's about two hours from me. I hope in the near future to be able to get some chicks from him.
Edit to add: his flock is from th GF line. I asked.

I wasn't aware there was another source other than GF for Swedes.... didn't they all get imported originally from them to the US?

*edit to fix my horrible spelling

Last edited:
Anyone in East TN or N GA wanna trade pullets? I have a red and white one growing out that I would love to trade for one with more black in it. Crested or not... I'm only trying to get away from the red and white. I don't want my whole flock to be the same color combo

THANKS!
Let me check my bunch tomorrow, I will see what I have as far as pullets... I have a few darker ones. I am trying to go for all non crested... I am in Knoxville

Back
Top Bottom