Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I just hatched out some half Swedish, half Aloha chicks!

They are about one month old now and look really promising so far. Photos are on my Blog, here:

http://alohachickens.blogspot.com/

In case you were curious to see some crosses. But here's a photo of the pure Swedish Flower rooster I'll be using for breeding this fall:

He is such a sweet guy! He lets me pick him up and cuddle him in my arms. So cute!

What a face! :)

My 6 sfh eggs are on day 21 and nothing .. 6 left out of 20 I was really hopeing to get at least 5 of these to hatch
hit.gif

My 6 sfh eggs are on day 21 and nothing .. 6 left out of 20 I was really hopeing to get at least 5 of these to hatch
hit.gif

Oh, dear. Maybe they are just shy. I assume they were shipped eggs? I have had terrible luck with shipped eggs this year.
My son and dil live in The Dalles and work in White Salmon. Maybe the next time they come up or we go down they/we could bring some eggs for you.

Oh, dear. Maybe they are just shy. I assume they were shipped eggs? I have had terrible luck with shipped eggs this year.
My son and dil live in The Dalles and work in White Salmon. Maybe the next time they come up or we go down they/we could bring some eggs for you.
Thats very sweet. Today is day 22 and nothing so far on my sfh and cuckoo eggs .

Update, My pullet who;s left leg got knawed or pulled off, now named Peg-gy, is still hanging around. I think she is almost ready to go back out to the SFH coop.
She is using her left wing for an outrigger. Kinda like I did 25 years ago when my left leg got chopped off.
I am going to give her a couple more weeks in rehab and then move her back outside. My pullets (4 counting Peg)will be 6 mos old at the end of the month.
I'll put my non-crested rooster in with them around then.
I have him with 3 EE a BR and BO hens right now. I have some six wek old chicks from them, 2 or 3 look just like SFH. There were 4 BR chicks that are really spotted.
Maybe I'll post some pictures of them.

Update, My pullet who;s left leg got knawed or pulled off, now named Peg-gy, is still hanging around. I think she is almost ready to go back out to the SFH coop.
  She is using her left wing for an outrigger. Kinda like I did 25 years ago when my left leg got chopped off.
 I am going to give her a couple more weeks in rehab and then move her back outside. My pullets (4 counting Peg)will be 6 mos old at the end of the month.
  I have him with 3 EE a BR and BO hens right now. I have some six wek old chicks from them, 2 or 3 look just like SFH. There were 4 BR chicks that are really spotted.
She's feathering out really pretty too. Glad she's adjusting. Hope she makes the transition without any problems.

Yes, please post pics of all your birds. I'm interested in seeing what some of these mixes look like too.

I have him with 3 EE a BR and BO hens right now. I have some six wek old chicks from them, 2 or 3 look just like SFH. There were 4 BR chicks that are really spotted.

I would be careful when you put your SFH Rooster in with the hens. Even if he is not an aggressive, he might hurt Peg-gy when he mounts her. If you really want to have her bred to your roo, you need to oversee her breeding

I would be careful when you put your SFH Rooster in with the hens. Even if he is not an aggressive, he might hurt Peg-gy when he mounts her. If you really want to have her bred to your roo, you need to oversee her breeding
Thanks for the advice. I usual don't rush into these things<g>.
I have considered the options and she (and He) will be closely watched.

Back
Top Bottom