Swedish Flower Hen Thread

That is perfect watch dog. What breed of dog is it?  Our Aussie is finally calmed down, but I still don't "trust" her.  She likes to lick them to much. 

She is a great Pyrenees and she is such an amazing dog. She is almost 2 now and she just has the greatest temperament. She is well mannered, sweet, keeps watch over my boys, gentle with the other animals. I just love her to death.

Has anyone on here ever had a lavender legged SFH?  I have 2 grey/lavender SFH and they have lavender legs.  Is there a breed standard of leg color?
Do you have any pictures? I have one bird growing out that has white with black over them. The only time I've seen one without yellow on it's legs. Do you know for certain that you have pure SFH's? Sorry, I have to ask. I'm questioning whether or not the trio that I have are pure or not. I'm waiting for them to grow out a little more. They all have green eyes.

Nanook has taken to watching over the chicks when they kids get them out to play with. She is such a good girl.
What a sweet dog. Love her happy smile. DH has been talking about getting a large dog and the GP is definitely under consideration.

Your chicks have such cool coloring even at 5 weeks. I have received a ship date for our chicks and just can't wait to open the box and see what colors we get. GFF is really super nice to deal with and I'm certain that it will be worth the wait.
cool.png

I got 16 SFH eggs today. They were packaged BEAUTIFULLY!! I candled them when I got back from the movies with my kids and amazingly enough only 1 air cell was detached! I just know these are gonna be my miracle babies!

I'm new to this thread, I thought I would drop in & show you all my newest SFH babies. I have 4 others that are a little bit older, but these 7 are my latest to hatch out. I just love these little birds, they're so sweet! I still have these tiny ones in the house, it's been super hot here this summer & I want to keep them safe until they get a little older. I have them in a dog crate in my utility room & when I go over to them & talk to them they all come over to the door & cheep at me. They're just so darned cute! I'll have to get some new pics of the older ones too as soon as I can. I'm so glad we have these colorful little birds in our country now!

Here they are:

This was taken a few days ago so now they're starting to get wing feathers & more color. I just love how they change as they get older.

I'm new to this thread, I thought I would drop in & show you all my newest SFH babies. I have 4 others that are a little bit older, but these 7 are my latest to hatch out. I just love these little birds, they're so sweet! I still have these tiny ones in the house, it's been super hot here this summer & I want to keep them safe until they get a little older. I have them in a dCog crate in my utility room & when I go over to them & talk to them they all come over to the door & cheep at me. They're just so darned cute! I'll have to get some new pics of the older ones too as soon as I can. I'm so glad we have these colorful little birds in our country now!

Here they are:

This was taken a few days ago so now they're starting to get wing feathers & more color. I just love how they change as they get older.

So cute! Love the little red one. :)

Could someone tell me the best way to tell the difference between male and female SFHs? When are you able to to tell whether it´s a rooster or a hen?

So, out of my last batch of eggs - 15 - I got 4 hatched on day 23..... This gives me a total of 16 chicks, with only 1 crested, and that is very distinctive indeed.....

Here are the new babies:

Back
Top Bottom