Swedish Hedemora! (Yes, I know they’re still too young haha)

6 week update! Justice is still the biggest cuddle bug. Mercy is shy but sweet, and Honour is 100% in your face. Haha. (Looking to me like no eggs will be coming from any of these guys though!)

Justice:
C25AB044-ACAC-425E-8916-B0427149645E.jpeg
D682A2A2-87BB-45F4-BC76-EA6684F43294.jpeg

Honour:
AACB8898-0547-46EF-B4D4-482BDCE739BF.jpeg
DADE65BE-51F7-4296-A9E8-895BEF48D75B.jpeg

Mercy:
B9C5E8DA-3974-4E18-89A4-1D0B81580867.jpeg
62E2B265-8BEF-4494-B1DE-BE4E819FC157.jpeg

@LadiesAndJane thanks! My other pullet is Verity; they’re named after the kingly qualities in “the Scottish Play”. :p
I sure hope one of them is a fella! Haha. I was hoping to breed them. Wouldn’t that just be my luck, to not get a boy when I want one! :gigJustice and Mercy act more like pullets than Honour does. but honestly this breed is so friendly and even keeled, who knows!

Well, if I had to choose one as a cockerel at this point would be Honor! Largest comb and just has that look! Guess you will know in another week or two. They are all gorgeous. Love their coloring! 😊

Going to have to disagree with @LadiesAndJane .... I think they are all cockerels. :oops:
That’s also what I’m afraid of, lol, but it’s hard to say. The older pullet I have, I was convinced she was a he until she hit around 16 weeks, she had SO much color in her comb and wattles. all the other fellas I had at the time were crowing and had massive combs and wattles and saddles etc, and this bird still made silly pullet noises and didn’t develop male feathering at all. She’s now 24 weeks and no doubt at all that she’s a girl, although she hasn’t started laying yet. :p
The breed seems to be frustrating as they’re not supposed to have large combs or wattles to start with. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Either way, there’s still room for 2 of the 3, even if they’re all boys, and I have a home for the 3rd if need be. :)

That’s also what I’m afraid of, lol, but it’s hard to say. The older pullet I have, I was convinced she was a he until she hit around 16 weeks, she had SO much color in her comb and wattles. all the other fellas I had at the time were crowing and had massive combs and wattles and saddles etc, and this bird still made silly pullet noises and didn’t develop male feathering at all. She’s now 24 weeks and no doubt at all that she’s a girl, although she hasn’t started laying yet. :p
The breed seems to be frustrating as they’re not supposed to have large combs or wattles to start with. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Either way, there’s still room for 2 of the 3, even if they’re all boys, and I have a home for the 3rd if need be. :)
Could you make a bachelor flock?

Back
Top Bottom