Swedish Hedemora! (Yes, I know they’re still too young haha)

Could you make a bachelor flock?
For part of the year, definitely. but winter is long, cold, and extremely windy. It makes housing for multiple groups much more difficult, if only in terms of access.
I’ve got a drake bachelor group at the moment, they don’t play well with the others, but if those boys move on to greener pastures these fellas may inherit their pen.
A friend was hoping to try one of these roosters (if I got more than one) in with her silkies so if one of them does go to a new home, he won’t be eaten anyways. :)

For part of the year, definitely. but winter is long, cold, and extremely windy. It makes housing for multiple groups much more difficult, if only in terms of access.
I’ve got a drake bachelor group at the moment, they don’t play well with the others, but if those boys move on to greener pastures these fellas may inherit their pen.
A friend was hoping to try one of these roosters (if I got more than one) in with her silkies so if one of them does go to a new home, he won’t be eaten anyways. :)
Which ones are you gonna keep?

Which ones are you gonna keep?
Not sure yet, I was going to grow them out a bit more and decide based on how they feather in and how they interact with me and the other birds. But if I were to go by how they are right at this moment, probably Justice and Mercy. Justice is the nicest and quietest of the bunch, and I have a thing for the wooly ones so .. haha. Honour’s behaviour reminds me of an EE cockerel I had that I didn’t much care for so he’s the first that would be going.

Honour started crowing this morning. Lol. He’s shy and won’t do it when I have the camera on him though. 🤣
They’ll be transitioning out into the coop later this week when the temps are milder again. I’ll try to remember to get pics in their new digs.
Aww post a pic of him now.

Back
Top Bottom