Sweet Buff Orp Being Picked on and bullied

I've had only standards in the house, except for Penny.
After trying for a half an hour to get the diaper on Obelisk I gave up. Ploop you can just sweep up and Sploort is taken care of with Pet Stain remover.
They will learn the sounds of the fridge door, the microwave and the toaster oven and will beg for food. You may even have to wrestle a meatball sub away from an over anxious Leghorn.

The main thing here is to keep an eye on the pecking. It could get worse and once they draw blood she will need to be rescued or she will really be trouble. We have one hen that is being kept in a small dog carrier right now for the exact same reasons. If would allow the hens access to her she would be doomed. I'm not sure if we will be able to place her back with the flock ever, but for now we are going to let her heal and then make a decision. One can't allow the severe pecking to continue, that's for sure!

bigzio

Well, I was putting the chickens away from free ranging and saw that my BO ("Sweetie") was bleeding on her right cheek by her ear, and also saw some dried blood by her comb. She's in a dog crate now by my 6 year old son's bed (we call him the Chicken Whisperer
gig.gif
).

Anyone make a chicken diaper? I don't have the luxury of time to order and wait. I'll post a new thread too asking others. Sweetie just makes her little chirps and wants to be with her. She is just the sweetest bird ever . . .
love.gif

When do you think she can go back with the rest of the birds? Should I allow her to go outside and stretch without the other chickens for now until she heals?

Ruth

Yep, we are letting our hen out during the day before we let the rest of the flock out so she can eat some grass, which she loves. Then we have a small dog crate out in the shade where we place her with food and water while the rest of the flock is out free ranging. Chickens usually heal quite fast, so we will wait til there is no blood spots visable for the flock to pursue. Sorry, I can't help with diaper, although I have seen pics and some have made them.

bigzio

Back
Top Bottom