Sweet drake suddenly harassing all the females. Do I need to rehome him?

Thank you everyone for your comments, you’ve definitely enlightened me.
I thought long and hard about which ducks I liked most, and eventually realized I liked my boys more. A friend of a friend swung by our place and picked up all 5 of our girls, who are now in a home with 6 other girls and only 1 boy! Lucky drake.
Our drakes took it hard at first, running around, searching for their girlfriends, but they seem to be okay now. All the boys have been hanging out together. The best part: Little to no fighting!
I know I kind of did the opposite of what was suggested, but it seems to have worked out all right. I think I’m going to turn our property into a drake sanctuary!
Good for you keeping the drakes!!!!

I have an all male flock of ducks -- rescues and rehomes. They do have changing alliances but basically all is well with my boys. Three of them have known eachother since they were about 8 weeks old and a recent rehome has fitted in well.

I feel sure your boys will live long and happy lives!!

Thank you everyone for your comments, you’ve definitely enlightened me.
I thought long and hard about which ducks I liked most, and eventually realized I liked my boys more. A friend of a friend swung by our place and picked up all 5 of our girls, who are now in a home with 6 other girls and only 1 boy! Lucky drake.
Our drakes took it hard at first, running around, searching for their girlfriends, but they seem to be okay now. All the boys have been hanging out together. The best part: Little to no fighting!
I know I kind of did the opposite of what was suggested, but it seems to have worked out all right. I think I’m going to turn our property into a drake sanctuary!
How cool. Nice that they all have a great home with you.
A lot of times drakes get the short end of the stick because they don't lay eggs so people aren't as quick to keep an all drake flock.

Please keep an eye on your drakes though during mating season. My one large Muscovy Drake was actually trying to mate my Rouen/Mallard Drake which was smaller and broke all of his wing feathers off before I caught him at it. I rehomed the huge one and the other one is much happier now. I never knew they would do that but mine surely did when they were in Drake Jail which was a large pen together for over mating my females last Summer.

Back
Top Bottom