sweet pdz in coop?

MarxNuggets

In the Brooder
May 16, 2021
here is the inside of my coop. it's pretty big I think. I want to use the sweet pdz stuff but didnt know if. Should do as I just did with putting it in trays and have the pine shavings all around it OR just cover the floor in sweet pdz. I think we will move the roosting bars in the front to back positing above the nesting boxes or above sliding door ( thoughts on that too would be helpful) and then making a shelf a little below that will catch to poop. what do you all think? Maria the nervous chicken mother
coop.jpg

What are the measurements of the floor?
Look to be about 3 feet by 4 maybe. Am I close?
Can you get another picture from this exact angle but looking up towards the roof?

here is the inside of my coop. it's pretty big I think. I want to use the sweet pdz stuff but didnt know if. Should do as I just did with putting it in trays and have the pine shavings all around it OR just cover the floor in sweet pdz. I think we will move the roosting bars in the front to back positing above the nesting boxes or above sliding door ( thoughts on that too would be helpful) and then making a shelf a little below that will catch to poop. what do you all think? Maria the nervous chicken motherView attachment 2847672
The chickens will just scratch all that together. If you are going to try to use a poop board, you would want to set it up in front of the cleanout door so you can reach it to scoop them. Sweet PDZ is what I use on my boards but only the granulated version, not the powdered.
How many birds do you have? Where is your ventilation?

hi! thanks for the replies. we have seven. The ventilation is at the top and the siding is pretty airy. the PDZ says granular on the bag, but it does look powdery. how big are the granolas suppose to be? the inside dimensions are about 4'x6.5'

Attachments

• coopB.png
    coopB.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 19
  • coopD.png
    coopD.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 21
hi! thanks for the replies. we have seven. The ventilation is at the top and the siding is pretty airy. the PDZ says granular on the bag, but it does look powdery. how big are the granolas suppose to be? the inside dimensions are about 4'x6.5'
Is the back wall open too for good air flow?
The powder is like flour.
The granular is like sugar.
As long as the bag reads granular, you're good.

Back
Top Bottom