Sweet pea

AllyTCat

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
This is sweet pea. She is a wheated Easter egger. She’s our youngest pullet, but that doesn’t stop her from being the heaviest of all, and overweight. She lays pink eggs, which she usually eats, and she’s very broody. She’s also extremely brave. When our alpha hen, biscuit, is laying when she wants to lay, she pushes her out of the nesting box, steals her egg if she had one, and usually gets attacked as a result. One of the chickens blinded her in one eye, but not completely blind, just extremely hard of seeing. She is an angel and would never hurt a fly, well, scratch that, she eats every insect in sight. But behavior wise, she’s really nice. I was definitely blessed with this beautiful chicken and I love her. I thought I should bless you all too. (The lighter one is her friend, the other is her)
0F184413-BE6F-4E38-9E22-4C665E7D3023.jpeg CFE2FF85-4E66-4AD0-98BD-84C22FA50D09.jpeg

such a cute bird ❤️. Sounds like a sweetheart 😍. It great that you kept her even when she is half blind! I love birds with ch feathers and would like some someday. I have a Easter egged and a bird named sweet pea !

My Easter egger is Pavo she hates being touched and picked up (she will take treats from hands tho) she is very pretty and prim . I joke she doesn’t like being picked up cause it would mess up her outfit 😂

My bird named sweet pea (silver laced Wyandotte) is the polar opposite of yours . She is the second top bird of the flock . She looks like a bald eagle who died her feathers black then left to celebrate the day of the dead . She can be aggressive sometimes and hates our drake. Sense it is his first mating season he is very horny . Sometimes he chases our chickens and tryes to grab their neck feathers (which he gets put in time out for) . the chickens have learnt that is they run behind one of his girls he will get distracted and leave them alone tho.
But if he even brushes against sweet pea she spikes her neck feathers so she looks like a lion with a huge mane and pecks him on the head every 5 seconds till he leaves her alone . She is nice to the chickens tho and only gos after the drake if he bothers her so I am keeping her.
7E8B304C-BBF7-4814-8537-00AA4AC404BF.jpeg
D697A3B4-98E9-4B00-91A1-9448D7209966.jpeg
{sorry this is such a long reply
:oops:
)

such a cute bird ❤️. Sounds like a sweetheart 😍. It great that you kept her even when she is half blind! I love birds with ch feathers and would like some someday. I have a Easter egged and a bird named sweet pea !

My Easter egger is Pavo she hates being touched and picked up (she will take treats from hands tho) she is very pretty and prim . I joke she doesn’t like being picked up cause it would mess up her outfit 😂

My bird named sweet pea (silver laced Wyandotte) is the polar opposite of yours . She is the second top bird of the flock . She looks like a bald eagle who died her feathers black then left to celebrate the day of the dead . She can be aggressive sometimes and hates our drake. Sense it is his first mating season he is very horny . Sometimes he chases our chickens and tryes to grab their neck feathers (which he gets put in time out for) . the chickens have learnt that is they run behind one of his girls he will get distracted and leave them alone tho.
But if he even brushes against sweet pea she spikes her neck feathers so she looks like a lion with a huge mane and pecks him on the head every 5 seconds till he leaves her alone . She is nice to the chickens tho and only gos after the drake if he bothers her so I am keeping her.
View attachment 2575505
View attachment 2575543
)
HAH! I love her! Maybe sweet pea can learn a thing or two next time biscuit steals her nesting box.

View attachment 2575505
View attachment 2575543
)
You may know this already but just in case you don’t... be careful that your drake doesn’t mate with your chickens.. he can kill them.. from what I hear 😳

Sweet Pea is a pretty girl! Do you have any pictures of her pink eggs?

Back
Top Bottom