Sweetened Condensed Milk tastes so good

Quote:
I started out thinking EWWWWWWW
sickbyc.gif
then the more I thought about it the more I realized that would make a thick, super rick, milk chocolate yummy awesome........alright. I need to stop thinking this way!!!

Microwave Rocky Road Fudge!

line a 8 x 14 cake pan with tin foil and butter the sides. cover the bottom with mini marshmallows and scatter half package of shopped walnuts over them, place in fridge to cool. In a micro safe 4 cup glass measure cup (like Pyrex) with a good handle mix

1 can SCM
3 T coco
1 package semi sweet chocolate chips
1 t vanilla extract

microwave 1 minute and stir well, then micro in 20 second bursts stirring between till smooth and glossy. Leave on counter to chill until just starting to thicken stirring occasionally. Pour over cool nut/marshmallows and spread. Goal here is to have the fudge just warm enough to be easy to work with and start to melt the marshmallows or stick them into the fudge but not destroy them. Press the fudge down with buttered fingers. Leave to continue to cool till firm then turn out onto waxed paper so mallows up and cut while still moist.

Love the stuff. Emily use it for Tres Leches and I've been using it very recently for rice pudding.

I make 5 cups of rice in our microwave rice cooker, then when the rice is done I add about a cup of milk and one small can Sweetened Condensed Milk and cook on medium microwave power for about 10 -15 mins.

Add raisins... maybe some brown sugar if you like it extra sweet...

YUM!

My dad used to make my sister and me sandwiches with it as long as we promised not to tell my Mum. She used to think she was going senile when she went to the cupboard to get it and it was never there even though she kept buying it!
lol.png

We were out of milk this morning and I was going to have pancakes. So I made hot coco. I was thinking about adding me some SCM (my new acronym) but didn't want to deal with it in the cold can... so difficult to work with when it is cold.
wink.png

This torture should be illegal. My kitchen is 90% packed. I even had to go out an buy a cookie sheet because I couldn't find mine!

OK, I have been looking for a while and haven't had any luck. Can someone post the recipe for carmel cooked in the can? Thanks. I am dying for this and if I don't get it soon, I may just eat the SCM from the can.

Kristie

Back
Top Bottom