sweetgrass TURKEYS

I just picked up a hen/tom sweetgrass. I live in Ontario, Canada, and just want to know if there are any other canadian breeders out there. want my soon to grow flock to be more diversifyed.

I plan to sell hatching eggs in the spring if I still have this trio.

If you want poults, look at POrters and maybe Sand Hill. Read the ordering instructions carefully.

What do they look like processed?

Any photos?
A heritage turkey pretty much look the same without their feathers, just the size is different. from breed to breed. Naked they all look pretty much the same as another bird the same age. At 9 months legs are a skinny with small breasts, at 18 months, which is full mature size they are filled out like these:

My Hubby told me we had to start leaving one foot on, so they don't think they are Butterballs we bought from the store when they come to pick them up. We tell them to bring at least a 48 qt ice chest when the pick up the fresh ones.

So cool! I just found out that I have 2 sweetgrass turkeys- 1 hen and 1 Tom and 1 Royal Red Palm turkey hen. So excited to see what they will reproduce in the future. They follow me everywhere- they are quite awesome animals.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom