Swelling? Growth? Tumor? (Kinda gross scab picture warning)

Okay, I’ve been monitoring, keeping her clean and isolating the bully hen from her, the condition has changed, I don’t know if it’s better or worse, it’s grosser but I think getting smaller, here’s a picture, any suggestions?

Attachments

• FAB24D21-20AE-4653-A7AC-79189A9AE290.jpeg
    FAB24D21-20AE-4653-A7AC-79189A9AE290.jpeg
    523 KB · Views: 5
Also, I can feel smalll little limps or bumps inside it, if that gives any insight to the condition

I think that is fat that was underneath the pecked off skin, and that may feel lumpy. You said earlier that you were unable to soak her bottom every day, but that might help to dry the area out. I am afraid with her tissue becoming soft and more delicate, that it might become opened into her abdominal wall. If that happened, she might not live. I would like to see what @Wyorp Rock thinks, but I would stop the bag balm, and paint some Betadine or chlohexidene on the skin once a day and let it dry out. Is she lying on her belly most of the time, or is she up and about?

I think that is fat that was underneath the pecked off skin, and that may feel lumpy. You said earlier that you were unable to soak her bottom every day, but that might help to dry the area out. I am afraid with her tissue becoming soft and more delicate, that it might become opened into her abdominal wall. If that happened, she might not live. I would like to see what @Wyorp Rock thinks, but I would stop the bag balm, and paint some Betadine or chlohexidene on the skin once a day and let it dry out. Is she lying on her belly most of the time, or is she up and about?
She is up and about, running around, eating, you really wouldn't notice anything wrong with her unless you saw that part of her body. And touching it doesn't seem to be hurting her either.

Is she where the others could peck it and hurt her more? I just worry that it doesn’t get injured, or the abdominal wall doesn’t herniate out. Glad that she is feeling well.

It does look like fat. Reminds me of hens that have had Flystrike.

I agree, I'd try painting with Betadine or Chlorhexidine, stop the bag balm and rubbing of the skin.

Back
Top Bottom