Swelling in Peachick's windpipe????

The bulge is gone! Its like nothing ever happened! Thank god!

I agree with all of you that it might be an external injury.

@kskingbee No. She didnt close her eyes that often. I am glad it didnt come to what your poor peachick had.
Can i ask (for future headsup) what the peachick in the photo had? And how you cured it? I can always buy more medicines from some place.

I don't have experience in this sort of thing, good to hear she's doing good now. Could she have gotten bitten by a fly or some sort of bug, stung by something, or maybe got poked by something sharp like a thorn?
All of those things could have happened since she's a freerange. It might be a thorn because there are a lot of winter touched thorny bushes and hard twigs and such here. Plus she is so tiny!

@kskingbee No. She didnt close her eyes that often. I am glad it didnt come to what your poor peachick had.
Can i ask (for future headsup) what the peachick in the photo had? And how you cured it? I can always buy more medicines from some place.

The bird in the picture had a bacterial infection called Pseudomonas, there are only a couple of drugs that will work against it. The one I used is called Zactran. Birds that have it will build a certain amount of resistance to it. We don't hear of it often so I would not go out and buy the drug unless you need it as all meds have a shelf life and you may never need it.

Glad to hear she is okay now.

Back
Top Bottom