Swelling on the side of face

Mountain Granny

Chirping
Apr 15, 2021
Hi all !
I have a silkie chick 8 weeks old. Started with symptoms of wry neck. Can't hold her head up. She eats and drinks with my assistance. Has a great appetite. Started her on vitamin E, Selenium and B vitamins. She has been like this for 3 days. Today I noticed she has swelling on the side of her face. 1st picture. Opposite side 2nd picture. 3rd picture is how it started,, now she can't hold her head up at all.. I have no clue what it is or how to treat it.
20210711_103515.jpg
Anyone have any ideas ???? I'm not giving up on this sweet girl !!! So please any advice GREATLY APRECIATED !!!! These are my first silkies.
20210711_103540.jpg
20210707_211938.jpg

Wry neck (torticolis) is a neurological symptom. The neck can be twisted to one side, upward, or downward under the legs. It can occur with a head or neck injury, a vitamin E or thiamine deficiency, and with some diseases that can affect the brain. Mareks, Newcastles, and fowl cholera are some examples. It is hard to see the swelling, but is it near her ear or the eyelid or sinus area? Could she have been pecked or stung? Does it feel hard, soft, or puffy? Can you see an outline of the swollen area?

Wry neck (torticolis) is a neurological symptom. The neck can be twisted to one side, upward, or downward under the legs. It can occur with a head or neck injury, a vitamin E or thiamine deficiency, and with some diseases that can affect the brain. Mareks, Newcastles, and fowl cholera are some examples. It is hard to see the swelling, but is it near her ear or the eyelid or sinus area? Could she have been pecked or stung? Does it feel hard, soft, or puffy? Can you see an outline of the swollen area?
Thanks for replying! The swelling is like in back of her cheek. It feels boney. She could have been pecked. She was in with 5 other silkies, a brahma bantum, and 2 others. All the same age. I dont think 🤔 she was stung. She is in a small room in a dog playpen. But who knows. Here is another picture of it.
20210711_134808.jpg

Back
Top Bottom