Swimming pool/enclosure pics!!! Please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Vickers58, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Vickers58

Vickers58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2013
    Dallas, tx
    Summer is not too far off and I need some inspiration.... Please show me your swimming setups, cleaning systems/tips, and how they get in and out! I need to get started before that Texas heat makes me hide indoors! Too bad there isn't a special Pinterest board for this!

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I use two 50GAL troughs and a kiddy pool for the big flock and a 40GAL trough for my calls. Nothing fancy here... the calls just fly into their trough lol

The others are able to climb in the troughs, pool, i do have a wood log but they ignore it, scovies have massive claws that they use to climb. That is the lower 50GAL i have.. sorry nothing fancy here, i know their is a thread where people have put up some very elaborate pools.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. creaturelife

creaturelife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    for my flock of 14 i use one big kiddie pool and one of those small ones i going to be buying one of those big plastic garden tubs from tsc the one i was look at i think was like 80 ft from side to side but i m going to get a smaller one that thing was pricey and i would hate to clean that out lol

4. decomposed

decomposed Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2012
    I bought mine a trough and some of them shell pools/sandpits for kids.I just clean them out with a scourer
    [​IMG]

5. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by