Swimmy Chickens :D

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RAWR, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Akane

Akane Crowing

Jun 15, 2008
    Ours CANT swim... I have had a couple drown in the horse tank... sickbyc (thats a gross thing to clean up!)

They will drown in anything they can't step up out of. They can't get over the side of a stock tank. That's why I was testing it with bricks to make sure they could get out. Any container of water deep enough they can't touch or too narrow they can't spread their wings (buckets) they can drown in. Always put a way out in any container of water too deep for chickens to touch the bottom.​

2. MamaJohnson

MamaJohnson Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG] EXACTLY!!!

3. Sharons7

Sharons7 In the Brooder

Jun 15, 2009
    We have an in ground pool with a brand new liner. Kids were asking just yesterday if (actually hubby suggested it and kids went along) if they could put the chickens in the pool. I was opposed to the feathers and poop but now i have a valid reason to keep my family fromplaying with chicken boats.. [​IMG][​IMG] THANKYOU!!!

7 chickens,7 people and 7pets.. just realized that the other day... odd... i think i'll play the lotto...

4. RAWR

RAWR Songster

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    Quote:hahaha xD wow thats crazy. lol i was asking my mom the very same thing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: